With the unveiling of the monumental Helix 3.0 update, Line 6 have made a tonne of existing Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT and HX Stomp owners incredibly happy as well as make the Helix range infinitely more appealing to prospective buyers. Best of all, it’s completely free!
As if the Helixes didn’t already have a robust feature set, an impressive arsenal of premium effects and authentic amp simulations – this firmware update provides you with:
- 2 new amps – based on the lush Fender Princeton (US Princess) and the brutal Lead channel of the Diezel VH4 (Das Benzin Lead) – and 2 new cabinet models.
16 new effects, including five powerful polyphonic pitch models designed by Line 6 and emulations of sought-after stompboxes:
- Poly Pitch – a Line 6 original
- Poly Wham – a Line 6 original
- Poly Detune – Line 6 original
- Poly Sustain – a Line 6 original
- Poly Capo – Line 6 original, works equally well on guitar and bass
- 12 String – a Line 6 original,12-string guitar emulation
- Horizon Drive – based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive pedal
- Horizon Gate – based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive‘s gate
- Swedish Chainsaw – based on* the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion
- Pocket Fuzz – inspired by the Jordan Boss Tone fuzz
- Bighorn Fuzz – based on* the 1973 Electro-Harmonix “ram‘s head” Big Muff
- Ballistic Fuzz – based on* the Euthymia ICBM fuzz
- Acoustic Sim, based on* the BOSS AC-2 Acoustic Simulator
- Glitch Delay – an open-ended delay effect with endless creative options
- Shuffling Looper – an inspiring idea generator that intelligently slices and reconfigures your loops
- Stereo Imager – Line 6 original
- The ability to disable Path 2 for true preset spillover – a fantastic performance option that allows you to seamlessly transitions between your patches.
- A Favorites model list to store your custom amp and effect edits – speeds up your sound design workflow.
- Save default settings for every amp, cab, or effect block – with custom settings appearing every time you load the block.
- The HX Stomp’s simultaneous block count has increased from six to eight and now includes a Command Center menu for controlling other devices via MIDI or software via QWERTY keystrokes.
Line 6 have truly pushed the boundaries of what the Helix series is capable of with this update, going above and beyond to expand the platform long after its initial release.
*All product names are trademarks of their respective owners and neither Yamaha Guitar Group nor Line 6 are associated or affiliated with them. These trademarks appear solely to identify products whose tones and sounds were studied by Line 6 during sound model development.