Nord has finally unveiled the new edition of their flagship Stage range of performance keyboards. The fifth generation in the series, the Nord Stage 3 features all of Nord’s new award-winning technologies including; the A1 Synth Engine, the C2D Organ Engine and a greatly improved Piano section. Add to this the new hands on effects and you’ve got yourself a world class performance keyboard.
Lets run through some of the new features in a little more detail. The memory of the unit has been doubled to 2GB for the Piano Library and there is now greatly improved polyphony, now allowing up to 120 voices.
The C2D Organ Engine features 2 new principal Pipe Organs, a Model 122 vintage rotary speaker (per slot) and there’s also physical drawbars included on the Compact model.
Effects wise, the delay has been improved and now includes Feedback filters and analogue mode. There is a new filter mode with resonance. There’s also more control over Reverb and Compression, with the ability to add individual elements of the two to each separate slot.
Available in 3 different sizes to suit your specific needs. There is the 88 key model which features Weighted Hammer Action keys, the 76 note version with Hammer action keys and the smaller 73 note version which features semi-weighted waterfall keys. The Nord Stage 3 would be a brilliant addition to any keyboard player’s arsenal.
NEW FEATURES NEW
- OLED-displays for Program and Synth section
- Seamless transitions when changing programs
- Extended Split functionality with optional Crossfade
- Song List Mode
- Extended Morph Destinations
- Doubled memory (2GB) for the Nord Piano Library
- Greatly expanded polyphony (120 voices)
- Creative Filter presets
- Layer category
- Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine with Sample playback
- Dedicated OLED display for Oscillator functions
- Expanded Memory (480 MB) for the Nord Sample Library
- Extended Polyphony
- Super Wave category (S-wave)
- Nord C2D Organ Engine
- 2 new Principal Pipe Organ models
- Model 122 Vintage Rotary Speaker – available per Slot
- Physical Drawbars for Nord Stage 3 Compact
- Improved Delay with added Feedback filters and Analog Mode
- Filter Mode with Resonance
- Separate Compressor per Slot with Amount and Fast mode
- Separate Reverb per Slot with Bright mode