Hi everyone, and welcome back to GAK! Given the current circumstances we’re living in, more and more of us are on the hunt for some at-home kit to help us with everything from video conferencing to making our own podcasts to vocal recording. A key piece of equipment to get you going? A USB microphone! This is the easiest and most efficient way to produce some amazing high-quality audio from home, and all you need is a USB port. We have a wide range of USB mics available here at GAK, but today we’ve selected our Top 8 choices to get you going and narrow it down for you. Let’s jump in
The EleMent Series EM-USB USB Condenser sets the standard in professional, affordable microphones for home recording enthusiasts, live streaming, podcasts, and online content creation. The perfect all in one for making great audio from home! Its audio reproduction rivals mics many times more expensive. Onboard controls for gain, mute, and headphone monitoring volume make it extremely versatile. Also, the included tripod mount makes it easy to capture great recordings anywhere.
● Affordable professional-quality USB condenser microphone
● Onboard USB recording interface
● Perfect for home studios, content creation, and live streaming
● Headphone output with mute and volume control
● Built-in gain control
● Included tripod stand
● Rugged construction for reliable performance
● Cardioid polar pattern
● Pro Tools® | First and Waveform™ OEM software included
- Professional quality that’s affordable
Voiced for the stage, built for the road, priced for your wallet
- USB-C Connectivity
Onboard USB interface plugs directly into your computer for fast, easy recording
- Onboard Headphone Monitoring
Headphone output with independent volume control offers a convenient monitoring solution
- Onboard Gain Control and Mute
Optimize the microphone’s output to your computer and/or DAW
Mute button allows you to switch off the mic while still hearing your computer’s output
- Rugged construction
Built-like-a-tank™ reliability ensure consistent performance for years to come
- Your new content creation go-to
Engineered for recording music, podcasts, live streams, and online content creation
- Cardioid polar pattern
Rejects peripheral noise to keep your performance crystal clear
- Included Software
Pro Tools® | First and Waveform™ OEM professional software and plugin packages included
The Musician Collection for ProTools | First includes 23 plugins like BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor
The DAW Essentials™ Bundle for Waveform OEM includes 16 powerful plugins like Equaliser, Compressor, Reverber8, and Limiter
- Included accessories
An easy to use, plug-and-play condenser microphone from Beyerdynamic, the FOX USB microphone gives you 24 bit 96 kHz studio quality recordings, similar to those you would get in professional recording studios. Onboard you will find a large diaphragm condenser capsule which gives you accurate signal conversion whilst recording. You can record loud instruments without any distortion by utilising the gain switch. The Beyerdynmaic FOX is the perfect tool for home studios, podcasters, gamers and Youtubers. Simple to set up and ready to go from the minute you plug it in.
- 24 Bit 96 kHz studio grade quality as in professional recording studios
- Accurate signal conversion by a large diaphragm condensor capsule
- Headphone output with Zero Latency Monitoring
- Mute button for muting microphone
- Gain switch for miking loud instruments
Based on the Rode Broadcaster, the Podcaster is a USB output microphone which offers an end-address configuration, an “ON” LED, the clarity of Rode tailored-for-voice frequency response, and very low self-noise.
Seamless integration was the idea, and it was obtained by creating a studio dynamic microphone with unparalleled A/D converters, so that the microphone can be plugged into any computer with no in/out boxes, no expensive computer pre-amps, just a USB cable. The Podcaster really is the worlds first broadcast-quality USB microphone with the build quality that you come to expect from world-class Australian microphone manufacturers.
The Podcaster is a must for any musician on the road or in the project studio. The Podcaster mic is going to offer solutions to more than just musicians. The mic opens up possibilities for anyone who records audio; from podcasters, journalists and students to business people adding audio files to websites and multimedia presentations. Create your own radio show, or let Rode do it for you, as they have even developed a website to host and broadcast podcasts for Rode Podcaster customers!
- 5 metre USB cable
- Control software via a download from the Rode website.
- Optional extras include a shock mounting system and an Anglepoise style table mount arm.
Whether you’re podcasting, making YouTube videos, live streaming, or recording your next hit, easily do it all and sound like a pro with the AKG Lyra Ultra HD, multimode USB microphone. For more than 70 years, the world’s greatest recordings and performances have been captured through AKG microphones; now it’s your turn. Simply plug Lyra into your PC, Mac, phone or tablet and you’re ready to go.
Capture It All With Unmatched Sound Quality For 70 years, the world’s top recording studios and concert stages have relied on AKG microphones to craft today’s biggest hits. AKG Lyra brings that legendary acoustic engineering to a versatile USB microphone that delivers the highest-quality audio in its class.
Inside, advanced circuitry delivers acoustically transparent, 4K-compatible, Ultra HD-grade, 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution. Lyra’s internal self-adjusting shock mount minimises contact noise, and its built-in sound diffuser and AKG’s proprietary Internal Element Overload Prevention automatically reduce noise, eliminate pops and improve signal levels.
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Android and iOS devices (see system requirements for full support)
- 4K-ready, Ultra HD, 24-bit/192kHz resolution with a full-spectrum frequency response of 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Adaptive Capsule Array technology:
- Four intuitive capture modes: Front, Front + Back, Tight Stereo and Wide Stereo
- Pristine audio via four proprietary, fixed-charge-backplate, permanently polarised condenser capsules
- LED indicators display polar pattern at a glance
- Easily accessible controls:
- Capture Mode Selection
- Input Gain Control
- Output Volume
- Microphone Mute
- Camera-ready, vintage-modern design
- Self-adjusting shock mount reduces surface contact noise
The NT-USB Mini brings the pristine sound quality of RØDE’s world-class studio mics to a compact, easy-to-use desktop USB microphone. Designed to deliver crystal-clear, professional-sounding audio direct to a computer or tablet, it’s the perfect microphone for gamers, podcasters, musicians, streamers, business professionals and content creators who want to be heard in full definition.
The NT-USB Mini features a studio-grade headphone amplifier and a high-quality 3.5mm headphone output, complete with precision volume control, allowing you to easily monitor your audio. There is also a switchable zero-latency monitoring mode for eliminating distracting echo when tracking vocals or recording instruments. It is incredibly easy to set up and use, with simple controls, an in-built pop filter and a class-compliant USB output that works seamlessly with computers or tablets, no drivers or software needed. Just plug into your Mac, PC or tablet with the included USB cable and hit record.
The NT-USB Mini is the perfect addition to any desktop or home studio setup. At just 89mm wide and 141mm tall, it’s very compact, taking up only a fraction of precious desktop real estate. It also looks fantastic – sleek and stylish, with clean lines and a modern aesthetic. Hard-wearing steel and reinforced nylon resin construction ensure the NT-USB Mini is ready to take on the rigours of recording anywhere and everywhere.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Active Electronics: Electret condenser, A/D and USB interface
- Polar Patter: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Input SPL @ 1% THD: 121dB (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Sample Rates: 48 kHz
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Analog Outputs: 3.5mm headphone
- Computer Connectivity: USB – simultaneous I/O, Mono input, stereo output
- Output Connection: USB-C
If you’re looking to step up your podcasting game, or you want to record professional vocal or instrument tracks, look no further than LD Systems impressive condenser microphone set! You’ll get everything you need to start recording straight out of the box*. This mic setup is ideal for beginners and mobile musicians. Would make an excellent gift.
In the package, you will find a D1013CUSB Condenser Microphone, a Pop filter and a Microphone stand.
The USB Mic is compatible with both Windows and Mac and is completely plug and play, so you will be ready to go straight out of the box. LD Systems recommend the free Audacity software as an ideal starting point if you’re new to recording, however, you can also look at other DAW‘s (Digital Audio Workstation) if you’re looking for more feature rich software.
- Product type Microphones
- Type Vocals
- Weight 2,8 kg
- D914 – LD Systems D 914 Pop Filter
- Product type Microphone Accessories
- Type Pop filter
- Colour Black
- Gooseneck length 330 mm
- Gooseneck diameter 8 mm
- Screen diameter 190 mm
- Setup plastic frame
- Fits tube diameters up to 23 mm
- Weight 0,2 kg
- S5BE – Adam Hall Stands S 5 BE Microphone stand black with boom arm
(Available for pre-order now)
The Shure MV51 MOTIV Digital Condenser Microphone is a large-diaphragm condenser mic with a USB connection allowing you to capture high-quality audio via your Mac, PC or iOS Apple device. One brand new feature of this Shure microphone is it’s touch panel control which makes it simple to adjust Gain, Phantom Power, Mute and Headphone volume.
As well as a stylish vintage design, the Shure MV51 Digital Microphone comes equipped with an integrated kickstand for desktop use and can be quickly adapted for use with any standard mic stand.
- 1″ (25mm) microphone element captures every detail
- ¼Built-in kickstand mounts to any standard mic stand
- Integrated headphone output for real-time monitoring
(Available for pre-order now)
A bonus product here! This kit will help you record amazing audio straight from your phone, check it out!
- Includes industry-leading Manfrotto PIXI mini tripod, phone clamp & shoe-mount, USB-C & lightning cables
- Includes neoprene roll-up bag to keep all your accessories in one place
- Built-In Headphone Output for real-time monitoring
- Pristine audio for multiple setups (included phone mount is also compatible with your existing set-up, allowing you to connect to any tripod with a connector)
- All metal construction
- Detailed stereo capture, five DSP preset modes
- Shure MOTIV Audio App for pro-level recording
- Shure MOTIV Video for onscreen control
- Allows for phone charging while the mic is in use (requires USB-A cable and Apple USB3 camera adapter) – iOS users only
- Weight: 79 g
- Height x Width x Depth: 27.0 × 27.0 × 77.0 mm
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: Adjustable
- Sound Pressure: 120 dB SPL (At Minimum Gain, Flat Mode)
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Bidirectional, Cardioid
- Switchable low cut: No
- Connectors: LTG, USB