COVID-19 Customer Update
Welcoming you back in store - No delay in any online orders
- Monday-Saturday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Here at GAK we would like to firstly thank all customers who have continued to shop with us both online and over the phone during this very challenging 12 week period. As the government restrictions start to ease we are excited to be able to re-open our store from the 15th June.
Whilst following government guidelines to maintain the safety for our customers and staff and due to the layout of our stores we are opening all departments but on a restricted level. We will be offering the following services:
- One 2 One Appointments: all departments open with limited numbers being allowed in at any one time to adhere to safety guidelines.
- In-Store Collection - Click & Collect now available online
- Service Counter Sales
- Returns/Repairs drop-off
One 2 One Appointments
- Appointments can be made by emailing [email protected]
- When booking a one 2 one appointment please state which product/s you wish to view, preferred date and time and contact details (name, address & contact telephone number) A member of staff will then contact you asap to confirm your booking.
- Check in to all appointments will be from the main entrance to our guitar store where a member of staff will meet and greet you and check you in.
- All staff and customers will strictly adhere to the marked 2-metre guidelines and use provided hand sanitiser on entry and exit of the store.
- Equipment demos are kept to a maximum of 3 products and either you or a member of staff can demonstrate those products you have selected, if you want to try an Amp or some FX please bring your own Guitar, if you are looking to hear a Synth, E kit or DJ product please bring your own headphones and sticks.
**Its advisable when possible for anyone wishing to either view products or get a demo to pre-book an appointment however you may turn up and we can take your details and be placed into a virtual queue. When we have an available slot you will be contacted to return to the store for your appointment - currently, we have a maximum capacity in the shops of 12 customers at any time across all departments.
For all information about booking a One2One appointment click here
Click and Collect & Walk-in Service Counters Sales
- You can now reserve items online or over the phone and then collect them from our Brighton store. We have collection slots available between 10am and 4pm Mon-Sat and between 11am and 5pm on Sunday.
- All items require a 10% deposit payment either over the phone or online to be reserved and the balance is required to be paid in the store upon collection.
- A collection service counter will be located from our Pro-Audio store for any call and collect/click and collect pre-paid items. (Emailed proof of purchase required)
- Those without a pre-appointment or collection order can use this queuing area to purchase any in-stock items without the need for demonstration by a staff member.
Returns / Repairs Drop-Off
- Any shop and website returns can now be dropped off at our Piano store which will be transferred to our returns department in our warehouse for process.
- All trade-in and repairs are now welcome but these will need to be pre-booked to avoid wait times and overcrowding. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
If you’re unable to make into the store we will be offering 121 LiveChat via our website or a Live Video Chat feature from in-store ** Subject to availability during peak busy periods.
Other Key Information
- During this period we advise you to use card payments with contactless payments increased to £45.00
- Important safety measures have been put in place for the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers - All 2 metre social distancing measures must be respected and use of hand sanitiser when entering and exiting the stores and collection points.
- Delays may occur if stock needs transferring from our warehouse. Once available we will contact to confirm availability.
Orders now being dispatched on time with next day delivery available on in stock items
In response to Government advice we are now taking some further steps to help ensure the safety of our staff and customers at this difficult time. For many weeks now we have been following guidelines on increased personal hygiene for staff and we have increased the frequency of our workplace cleaning schedule but now we will be implementing additional safeguards:
- We have already implemented our Business Interruption Plan and relocated as many staff as possible to work from home, this plan has been in place for over a week and means our Mail Orders Sales Team and our Customer Service Team are working at full capacity with currently no downtime on any of our business phone lines or online chat support.
- Our warehouse and logistics centre is still receiving stock and dispatching orders and we are largely now back to normal service.
- Please allow up to 72 hours for returned items to be opened and inspected, our customer service department will update you on any return/refund as soon as they can.
We are currently experiencing longer call queues than usual due to demand, feel free to use the live chat or contact us section on the website. We aim to handle all internal emails within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours at weekends.
If you have any questions about an order you have placed or you need advice please don't hesitate to contact us in the normal ways, either by email, phone or online chat - our teams are here to help!
Many thanks to all our valued customers and we really appreciate your patience as we do everything we can to continue supplying you with everything you need to keep playing, writing, recording and making music whilst we get through this together.
The GAK Team