PayPal Credit FAQs
What is PayPal Credit?
PayPal Credit is like a credit card, without plastic. It’s a credit limit that sits alongside your PayPal account which you can use for your online purchases.
What PayPal Credit Offers Are Available?
- Interest-Free For 4 Months
A 0% interest offer you can use again and again: PayPal Credit’s 0% interest offer is better than just an introductory offer. Every time you spend £99 or more, you will automatically get 0% interest for 4 months on that purchase*.
Plus, you can spread the cost of purchases under £99 at the standard variable rate of interest, currently 21.9% p.a.
* The minimum payment due still applies to 0% offer balances. Any remaining balance due after the 4-month promotional period or any transactions under £99 will be charged interest at 16.9% p.a. (variable). In order to maintain the 0% offer, you need to keep up monthly repayments and stay within your credit limit.
- Monthly Installments Payments Over 6, 12, 18, 24 Months - 16.9% APR
When you check out with PayPal Credit, we’ll show you a selection of instalment offers, enabling you to spread the cost of your purchase across a number of payments.
Subject to application, merchant and status, these instalment offers allow you to choose a set number of monthly payments of differing amounts and at varying interest rates. If you already have PayPal Credit, you can take advantage of these offers without having to reapply as long as you have enough available credit limit.
Minimum spend £99 - 6 and 12 monthly payment options.
Minimum spend £300 - 6, 12, 18 and 24 monthly payment options.
How To Apply
Applying for PayPal Credit is easy. Just click on the PayPal Credit button on our checkout page. The application form takes minutes to complete.
PayPal will then run a credit check and, if approved, you’ll have a credit limit linked to your PayPal account as soon as you accept your Credit Agreement. You can use the credit limit granted to pay for today’s purchase and future purchases, up to your credit limit.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Are employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year
- Do I need to reapply if I already have PayPal Credit?
If you already have PayPal Credit you do not need to reapply, just select PayPal Credit as your payment option at checkout.
- Do I need to have a PayPal account?
Yes, however, if you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create one as part of the PayPal Credit application. Signing up for a PayPal account is free and easy; all you need to do is provide your email address, create a password and accept PayPal’s User Agreement.
- What do I do if I am unsuccessful in applying for PayPal Credit?
If you have been declined for PayPal Credit, PayPal will send you more information about why your application was unsuccessful. You can still use PayPal to complete your purchase.
- What happens if I want to return the item I bought using my PayPal Credit?
Just return your purchase as normal and the money will be refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
- What is the cost of PayPal Credit outside of promotional offers?
The Representative Example below shows the typical costs of using a PayPal Credit limit, without using promotional offers:
Purchase rate 16.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative 16.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit £1,200
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.