Ableton Live 11 Suite
Overview by GAK
Ableton’s Live 11 Suite is the ultimate version of their groundbreaking music production software. It’s the best way to experience Live 11, providing you with an impressive array of software instruments, sound packs and sonic capabilities. If you want to create slick, professional productions in a fun, intuitive way - Live 11 Suite is the one to go for.
We highly recommend using an Ableton Push 2 controller alongside Suite if you want to truly get the most from it. The Push 2 provides you with tactile analogue-style control over Live 11, giving you access to Live’s full potential at your fingertips.
Level Up Your Productions
Live 11 Suite is, effectively, a complete integrated studio in your computer. This version of Live 11 provides you with the most flexibility and creativity in your productions. Whilst Live 11 is adept at composition and music production, it excels as a live performance tool as well. This is because it boasts rock-solid stability and multi-core/multi-processor support so you can get the most from your setup.
With Suite’s deep editing capabilities, incredible built-in instruments and inspiring effects, you’re able to explore new horizons of your creativity without any restrictions.
Unlike other DAW software, Ableton outfits Live 11 with two methods of producing music - which you can switch between in an instant. Arrangement view is there for a classic, timeline-based approach. The unique Session View is perfect for nonlinear, free-form approaches to music creation which relies on spontaneity and improvisation.
Ready To Record
Live 11 Suite allows you to create an unlimited number of Audio and MIDI tracks in a project, giving you the ability to create sprawling, complex arrangements if you so choose. You also have access to up to 256 input/output audio channels for truly flexible routing options.
With up to 12 send and return tracks available, you can create an assortment of effect buses to route your tracks through. For intricate drum and vocal processing, this is an essential feature.
With the innovative Capture MIDI, you can retrieve any MIDI data you’ve just played on armed MIDI tracks. This allows you to freely improvise without the stress of recording and saves your take if you forget to press record!
Creative Editing Tools
Live 11 Suite is a creative sampler’s dream. Using the complex Warp Modes in tandem with the audio-slicing features, performing audio alchemy has never been easier or more effective.
Using the Audio to MIDI feature, you can extract harmony, melody or drums from any audio sample and transform it into MIDI data.
Instruments & Effects
Ableton Live 11 Suite features the most comprehensive set of software instruments, effects and sounds out of all the versions. The additional instruments alone make Suite the best option out of all the versions. Altogether, Live 11 Suite contains 17 powerful built-in instruments, including Analog, Wavetable, Operator, Collision and many more.
The library of sounds that comes with Suite is immense, with over 5000 sounds to choose from (that’s more than 70GB!) - including Latin Percussion, Electric Keyboards, String Quartet and tonnes of others. Some of the sound packs were created in collaboration with esteemed companies such as Spitfire Audio and Curated Collections so you know they’re going to be fantastic quality. With such a wide palette of inspirational sounds at your disposal, you can let your creativity run wild.
Suite is the only version that comes with CV Instrument and CV Triggers, making it the ideal choice if you’re looking to integrate Live 11 with your Eurorack and other CV compatible gear.
With 59 audio effects and 15 MIDI effects to choose from, you can enhance and polish your productions with ease.
Max For Live
Max For Live is bundled with Live 11 Suite and greatly expands its sonic capabilities. Using Max For Live, you can create your own instruments and effects, new live performance tools and so much more.
There’s a thriving Max For Live community online, where you can share and try out everything from high-performance effects to ingenious hacks for free.
In addition to all these incredible features, Suite is loaded with exciting capabilities that were introduced with Live 11, including Comping, Linked Track editing, MPE, Tempo Following and Velocity/Note Chance.
- 17 instruments: Wavetable, Operator, Analog, Sampler, Simpler, Electric,Tension, Collision, Bass, Poli, Drum Rack, Drum Synths, Impulse, CV Instrument and CV Triggers, Instrument Racks and the External Instrument device
- 59 audio and 15 MIDI effects, including Hybrid Reverb, Spectral Time and Spectral Resonator
- 5000+ sounds
- 70+GB of loops and samples
- Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
- Comping: select and combine the best of multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance.
- Linked-track editing: link two or more tracks to edit their content simultaneously.
- Group tracks: use multiple levels of groups to mix with greater flexibility and manage detailed arrangements more easily
- Audio-to-MIDI conversion tools: extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it into MIDI
- Tempo following: Live adjusts its tempo in real time based on an incoming audio signal
- Note chance and velocity chance: set the probability that a MIDI note or drum hit will occur and define ranges for velocity probability to generate pattern variations and humanise dynamics.
- Combine multiple instruments and effects into a single device with Instrument Racks
- Combine MIDI effects into a single device with MIDI Effect Racks
- Comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools
- VST2, VST3 and Audio Unit support
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression: allows MPE-capable devices to control multiple parameters of every note in real time for more expressive instrumental performances.
- Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic feel from other audio files
- Import video as a clip and save modified video and audio
- Time signature changes
- Built-in Max for Live software with more instruments, audio and MIDI effects, and the ability to customise Live
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Ableton Link integration
- MPE support
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Generate or receive Pitch, Control, Clock and Trigger CV
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
- Unlimited Audio and MIDI tracks
- Unlimited Scenes
- 12 Send and return tracks
- 256 Audio inputs, 256 outputs
- Rex file support
- POW-r dithering
- Groove Pool and extract groove
- Capture MIDI
No upgrades available