Ableton Live 8 Suite Education DAW Audio Recording Software, Educational copy
This item is for Students only.
Proof will be required when registering this product.
Do not purchase this product if you are not a Student.
The Ableton Suite 8 Education DAW Audio Recording Software gives you a rich world of sound, perfectly complementing the tools and features in Live 8.
The Ableton Suite 8 Production and Live Performance DAW provides all the instruments a musician could hope for, including a wide range of synths, a powerful sampler, electric and acoustic drums, mallets, numerous sampled instruments: 10 instruments in all.
Ableton Suite 8's library is something big and something new, completely surpassing everything that Ableton has ever offered before. With the creative professional in mind, Ableton has put together a well-balanced and comprehensive tool set, including synthesis, real-world "Sound Objects," presets, grooves, templates and, above all, a wide-ranging set of beautiful sounds. No need to be quiet in this library.
Collision is a unique instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Co-developed with AAS, it uses physical modeling technology to reproduce real-world instruments such as xylophones, marimbas and glockenspiels, but also provides enough depth to create truly dramatic new instruments and sounds.
Latin Percussion is a collection of acoustic percussion instruments such as congas, bongos, timbales, claves, shakers, tambourines and bells from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music.
Operator, Ableton's renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. We opened up the hood, took a long hard look inside and did some serious hot-rod stuff. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
You are eligible for an educational discount if you are:
* A student or pupil who is currently enrolled in full-time education in any area of study.
* A student in a part-time program that consists of 20 hours or more study time per week, or one that runs for 12 months or more. The area of studies is irrelevant.
* Enrolled in a dedicated Ableton Live course. (We're not talking about weekend seminars here!) This can also be an online course by Berkleemusic - http://www.ableton.com/berkleemusic
* A teacher who is currently employed full- or part-time at a school or university in any field. Part-time and private teachers must work at least 20 hours per week to qualify.
If you are unsure whether you meet the eligibility requirements for the educational discount, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your situation. We're quite flexible.
Please note: You only need to verify your educational status after purchasing your educational version of Live. Here's some more information about verifying your educational status - http://www.ableton.com/edu-verify
Once we've verified your status, we'll activate your license immediately. You'll get an e-mail to confirm this. Verify your eligibility via e-mail, fax or mail:
* Your full name and e-mail address
* Your Ableton serial number
* A copy of your identification card (government issued ID or driver's license). If you prefer, you can black out or conceal all personal information except full name and country
* A copy of your valid student or teacher ID, or an official confirmation letter from your school including a signature and stamp
Fax: +49-30-288 763 13 / +1-646-688 2857 (if you're in the US or Canada)
Sch=F6nhauser Allee 6-7
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- * 1,600 new, expressive sounds: Ableton has worked with some of the world's top sound designers to create a comprehensive set of truly useful, high-end sounds, each one an instrument in its own right. The sounds are provided as instrument Racks with a finely calibrated combination of instruments and effects.
- * Library Info Texts: many resources now have descriptive Info Texts explaining the characteristics and structure of the sound or Rack, so you know what the sound is before you load it.
- * Versatile configuration options: all instrument racks feature thoughtfully mapped Macro controls for both subtle and dramatic adjustments without the confusion of too much detail. For detail, just open up the rack and get in close.
- * New Effect Racks for professional-grade mastering, mixing and creative sound processing.
- * Construction kits: flexible song kits containing loops and phrases in a number of styles. A useful resource for getting started or for firing up your imagination.
- * Sound Objects Lite: to complement and extend the synthesized sounds, Ableton and SonArte have worked together to produce a tool kit of real-world object recordings for advanced sound design.
- * 440 MB of abstract, experimental loops from renowned music software pioneers Cycling '74.
- * Over 400 loops and samples from Zero-G in a wide range of styles, including smooth '70s grooves, gritty hip hop and edgy, abstract weirdness.
- * Thousands of single-device presets: simple components for making new sounds and exploring synthesis.
- * Clearly organized library: all resources organized pragmatically and sensibly.
- * Song templates: practical templates for different recording scenarios (e.g. 8-track recording), with pre-configured tracks and routing.
- * 1 GB of carefully sampled percussion covering 107 instruments in 24bit/48kHz stereo.
- * 8 multi-articulation kits and 32 instrument groups provide variety and plenty of potential for customization.
- * Kits and instruments are configured as Drum Racks, so it's easy to hook up your hardware and start playing.
- * 50 clips of patterns and phrases demonstrating and providing authentic use of the sounds.
- * A set of grooves to add some Latin feel to your drum patterns.
- * Up to 8 articulations per instrument including Slap, Mute, Flam, Heel, Stick and Shake.
- * Up to 20 velocity layers and up to 4 alternating hits per instrument for dynamic and authentic playing.
- * Mac System Requirements: Any G4 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
- * Windows System Requirements: 1.5 GHz CPU or faster, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive