Adam A5X Active Studio Monitors with Stands
Adam A5X Active Studio Monitor (Pair) With Included Accessories Overview by GAK
The Adam AX5 is a powerful active studio monitor sporting a 5.5" woofer, 1.5" voice coil, 50 Watt PWN amplifier and Adam's class-leading X-ART tweeter. Designed to provide ultra-clear audio reproduction, the A5X is hailed by many as a fantastic speaker for use in mixing, mastering, sound design and more. The A5X is popular amongst professionals working in television studios and remote broadcast vans, as well as mixing engineers and home-studio producers and songwriters.
Handmade in Berlin, the X-ART tweeters offer longer operation times with far fewer signs of operational fatigue compared to other speakers. Strength comes from the tweeters folded diaphragm, designed to keep distortion at bay, the unique X-ART membrane compresses and expands with the audio signal, whilst its larger size (2.5 times bigger than a classic tweeter) gives it an advanced dynamic range that delivers superb audio. Coupled with its own low-distortion A/B amplifier the X-ART tweeter delivers superb results.
The A5X's midrange driver is exceptionally lighter than drivers found in competing speakers, covering a range from 400Hz to 20kHZ and permitting a high, uncompressed SPL with superb dispersion.
The A5X's woofer is constructed using Carbon/Rohacell/Glass fibre materials, the result is an extremely light yet strong woofer with a structural stability that gives the speaker excellent transient response, even when pushing sound levels to the limit via the efficient PWN amplifier.
'Stereolink' is a feature unique to Adam monitor range which allows you to control the volume for dual monitors via the control knob of only one. This is thanks to two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel when adjusting the volume control of the second monitor, only THAT monitor is adjusted, this works especially well when compensating for differences in listening distance.
The A5X can be custom tuned to work in harmony with even the most acoustically difficult listening environments, the ability to adjust tweeter gain and the inclusion of low and high shelf filters means easy output optimisation for varying room sizes, materials or simply individual preferences.
The Adam A5X packs a punch, yet has still been designed with portability and space saving in mind, with compact cabinet dimensions the A5X can sit atop even the smaller sized desktop, with directional sound radiation in the vertical plane that reduces early surface reflections in the smaller studio environment, ideal when making minor adjustments that require a close ear.
Praised by many in the industry, Adam monitors pair exceptional quality with practicality and affordability, the A5X is no exception, at home in a small or portable recording scenario, or as part of a top-end recording studio setup.
- Frequency response: 50 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: ?0.6 %
- 5.5 in Carbon fiber/Rohacell/Glass fiber Woofer
- Xart Tweeter
- Woofer Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Tweeter Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Weight: 14.6 lb (6,6 kg)
- Height x Width x Depth: 11" (280 mm) x 6.5" (170 mm) x 8.5" (220 mm)
- The ADAM A5X features a 5.5" Midwoofer reproducing the frequencies below 2.5kHz. The diaphragm is made from Carbon fiber/Rohacell/Glass fiber. This material with minimum weight and maximum rigidity prevents break up resonances, resulting in an outstanding dynamic behaviour and impeccable sound characteristics.
- A very handy and exclusive feature found in the ADAM A5X monitor is the Stereolink. This is accomplished by a pair of additional RCA connections that allow for a bypass of the second stereo channel to the other speaker.
- This new technology connects two A5X speakers in such a manner as to allow the user the option to control the overall stereo volume of the system from either speakers gain control. This makes the A5X a natural for "mixer-less" desktop applications where overall system volume needs to be adjusted easily.