Akai APC20 Compact Ableton Performance Controller
Akai APC20 Ableton Controller Overview by GAK
Once again, Akai have created a compact MIDI controller that works seamlessly with Ableton Live. But this time, they've teamed up with Ableton to design the Akai APC20 controller, making it the ideal controller for any Ableton Live musician. The Akai APC20 is mapped for Ableton Live, however it is fully customisable which means it can be used with other software. If you have used or even seen Akai's APC40 controller you will probably notice some similarities, but one difference is the size. The Akai APC20 offers a smaller footprint than the APC40, enabling musicians to easily create a personalized setup with multiple APCs, effects controllers, and other devices. The "Clip Launch Matrix" featured on the Akai APC20 displays the current clip status by using multicolour lights, this makes it simply and clear for the user to trigger multiple samples and clips when performing. The Akai APC20 is the ideal controller for performers who like to perform in a small amount of space for maximum portability. It's also perfect for players who want to combine multiple controllers in their setup thanks to its small footprint.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Designed with Ableton, mapped for Live, and fully customizable
- Clip Launch matrix with multicolor lighting displays current clip status
- No mapping required; every button and fader is pre-mapped
- Solid, professional feel with rugged, metal chassis, premium controls
- Comes with Ableton Live Akai Professional APC Edition software
- Works with standalone editions of Ableton Live
- Extra functions using shift mode
- Inputs: USB, Two assignable footswitch inputs
- Mac system requirements: G4 / Intel recommended, OS X 10.3.9 / 10.4 recommended
- PC system requirements: 1.5GHz, Windows XP or Vista, Windows-compatible sound card / ASIO driver support recommended.
- The APC20 is the link between human and computer that perfectly balances analytical parameter control with creative expression. Whether you are an electronic music artist and Live is your canvas, a DJ using Live to mix or remix tracks, or a more traditional musician using Live on stage or in the studio, you will find the APC20 to the intuitive, powerful instrument that directly links your inspiration with Ableton Live.
- The Akai APC20 comes with Ableton Live Akai Professional APC Edition software, which is fully functional for performance and production. Owners of standalone editions of Ableton Live 7 or 8 can also work seamlessly with the APC20. Live 7 with the latest automatic update has full support for the APC20 and all versions of Live 8 are APC20-ready.
- The APC20 features nine faders, which you can assign to volume control, pan, sends, and a choice of three user-mapped modes. You have even more control power with special controls including Tap Tempo, Tempo Nudge, record enables, solo/cues, and two assignable footswitch inputs. A new User Mode enables you to use the Clip Launch buttons to control instruments and the Drum Rack.