Akai Professional EWI 5000 Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument
Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller Overview by GAK
The Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller is essentially the upgrade from the very popular EWI 4000S digital wind instrument. The EWI 5000 from Akai boasts an impressive amount of preset sounds built in that could rival an entire orchestra. The Akai EWI 5000 provides wind instrumentalists a new level of expression and includes the very latest in wireless connectivity plus an extremely handy 12-hour rechargeable battery.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included)
- 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX
- Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4" audio output and 1/8" headphone output
- - See more at: http://www.akaipro.com/product/ewi-5000#features
- EWI 5000 comes loaded with more than 3GB of top-quality sounds, including traditional horn, brass, woodwind, and string sounds, plus progressive synths, leads, and other non-traditional sounds. EWI 5000 includes 12 touch-sensitive metal keys on its top and an eight-wheel thumb- controlled octave roller on the bottom. An EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) Mode is included for brass players, and EWI 5000 also includes eight control knobs for tweaking Filter, Reverb, Chorus, LFO, Breath Amount, Bite Amount, Semitone Tuning, and Fine Tuning. Both USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI are onboard for controlling software synths or traditional MIDI modules. A 1/4- inch output to connect to an amplifier or PA and an 1/8-inch headphone output for silent practice are included. EWI 5000 charges via USB or wall power and also includes a USB cable, wall adapter, wireless receiver, and a neck strap.
- EWI 5000 includes an array of advanced features, including digital 2.4GHz ultra-low-latency wireless connectivity, a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours, and more than 3GB of built-in traditional and progressive sounds from SONiVOX, a leading creator of premium virtual instruments and software synthesis technologies.
No upgrades available
Just got this, but love it, so much it can do. I love the headphone use in a busy household, feels solid, I think it'll get seriously well used...
What an amazing piece of kit! Being classically trained on flute and sax I'm new to the world of electronic music, but am absolutely loving it.
Great piece of kit not to be mistaken with wei 4000s or usb this is easy fun and works nicely with the software provided all leads are out of the way and it is a wireless instrument patches are inbuilt and don’t need downloading takes some getting used to but that’s music my only negatives are the bag to house it is way over priced at£90-107 and although a very picky thing the plug that is on the battery is very small and not the easiest thing to place it’s fidly but not impossible ,overall the 5000 is very well made and not plastic the keys are touch sensitive and easy to use and the mouth piece feels very comfortable and produces no vibration it can be used with headphones into a computer midi or straight into a amp it’s a very versatile piece of kit and a heck of a lot of fun
Great piece of gear,easy to play and more than ok sounds considering they are built in. And a big plus is it is wireless straight out the box