Akai EWI 5000 Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument
Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller Overview by GAK
The Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller is essentially the upgrade from the very popular EWI 4000S digital wind instrument. The EWI 5000 from Akai boasts an impressive amount of preset sounds built in that could rival an entire orchestra. The Akai EWI 5000 provides wind instrumentalists a new level of expression and includes the very latest in wireless connectivity plus an extremely handy 12-hour rechargeable battery.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included)
- 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX
- Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4" audio output and 1/8" headphone output
- - See more at: http://www.akaipro.com/product/ewi-5000#features
- EWI 5000 comes loaded with more than 3GB of top-quality sounds, including traditional horn, brass, woodwind, and string sounds, plus progressive synths, leads, and other non-traditional sounds. EWI 5000 includes 12 touch-sensitive metal keys on its top and an eight-wheel thumb- controlled octave roller on the bottom. An EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) Mode is included for brass players, and EWI 5000 also includes eight control knobs for tweaking Filter, Reverb, Chorus, LFO, Breath Amount, Bite Amount, Semitone Tuning, and Fine Tuning. Both USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI are onboard for controlling software synths or traditional MIDI modules. A 1/4- inch output to connect to an amplifier or PA and an 1/8-inch headphone output for silent practice are included. EWI 5000 charges via USB or wall power and also includes a USB cable, wall adapter, wireless receiver, and a neck strap.
- EWI 5000 includes an array of advanced features, including digital 2.4GHz ultra-low-latency wireless connectivity, a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours, and more than 3GB of built-in traditional and progressive sounds from SONiVOX, a leading creator of premium virtual instruments and software synthesis technologies.