Akai EWI 5000 Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument, White
Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller Overview by GAK
Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument
The Akai EWI 5000 Wind Controller is essentially the upgrade from the very popular EWI 4000S digital wind instrument. The EWI 5000 from Akai boasts an impressive amount of preset sounds built in that could rival an entire orchestra. The Akai EWI 5000 provides wind instrumentalists a new level of expression and includes the very latest in wireless connectivity plus an extremely handy 12-hour rechargeable battery.
The Next-Generation Wind Instrument EWI5000 White, the latest addition to the EWI series, combines innovative instrument design, wireless connectivity, and a sound library by SONiVOX to create the most expressive and versatile electronic wind instrument available today - all in a sleek, striking all-new white finish! Building upon the legacy of the original Electronic Wind Instrument, Akai Professional created EWI5000 White with the same objective in mind—deliver unprecedented musical expression to wind players everywhere. Experience the next generation in wind-performance technology with an instrument that’s built for the contemporary player.
Performance Freedom With 2.4GHz low-latency wireless connectivity, EWI5000 White empowers you to perform freely with a dynamic performance instrument in hand. It supports stereo wireless audio and includes a receiver for instant mobility on the stage or in the studio. EWI5000 White also supports wired audio and MIDI connections for integrating with additional external performance and production hardware. Plus, it’s powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, so you can take EWI5000 White with you and play it anywhere.
Unparalleled Expression For precisely controlling volume and pitch dynamics, EWI5000 White features an ultra-responsive mouth piece with an air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor. In addition, eight dedicated precision dials allow you to adjust instrument or effect parameters on the fly: tweak Filter, Reverb, Chorus, LFO, Breath Amount, Bite Amount, Semitone Tuning, and Fine Tuning for a sound that’s as expressive as your playing.
Multiple Finger Modes EWI5000 is a powerful instrument that expands the performance capabilities of woodwind and brass musicians alike. With support for multiple playing styles, its interface can be switched to flute, oboe, and saxophone fingering modes. An EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) Mode is also included for brass players. Wireless Electronic Wind Instrument Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included) 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included) 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging ¼-inch audio output and 1/8-inch headphone output All information subject to change akaipro.com Whether you’re a classically trained flutist looking for a modern instrument, or a seasoned EWI player looking for finger-position flexibility, EWI5000 White has you covered.
Hook It Up USB-MIDI connectivity and a 5-pin MIDI output enable you to expand your sonic palette by controlling software synths, virtual samplers, or traditional MIDI modules. EWI5000 White comes with a built-in ¼-inch output for connecting it directly to PA systems and a 1/8-inch headphone output for practicing privately. A USB cable and wall adapter are included to recharge battery power via USB or wall power.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included) 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX
- Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- ¼-inch audio output and 1/8-inch headphone output
- Mouthpiece Air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor
- Note Keys 13 touch sensors
- Controls 8 instrument and effect precision dials
- Octave Rollers 6 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (7-octave range)
- Plates 2 pitch-bend, 2 ground
- Inputs / Outputs (1) USB port
- (1) 5-pin DIN MIDI output
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS line output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS headphone output
- MIDI Connectivity USB-MIDI and 5-Pin MIDI output
- Wireless Connectivity Stereo Wireless Audio (2.4GHz)
- Power Rechargeable lithium-ion battery charged via USB port (charges with included
- USB cable or wall adapter)
- Sound Library 3GB of acoustic and synth sounds developed by SONiVOX
- (width x depth x height)
- 2.4” x 26.6” x 1.7”
- Weight 1.98 lbs.
- Wireless Receiver Dimensions 2.4” x 4.8” x 3.6”
- Weight 0.29 lbs.