Akai Professional Force Music Production Performance System Overview
Introducing FORCE, the ultimate in standalone end-to-end production workflows, complete with every tool you need to produce, remix, mashup and perform your tracks live. Fusing clip-launching, a linear arranger, MIDI Multi capability, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines, tactile touch screen control and much more, all in a singular standalone device, FORCE is primed for any setting, from the studio to the mainstage – no computer needed.
The heart of your FORCE experience. Launch Clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, arrange your composition, apply XYFX, sculpt synth sounds and much more, all from FORCE’s 7-inch, full-colour, capacitive multitouch display.
Tactile Performance Tools
Find your creative flow with FORCE’s arsenal of tactile controls. Trigger scenes/clips, step sequence, finger drum and play note data with an expandable 8x8 clip launch matrix. Discover new ways to supercharge your performance via 360-degree rotary encoders with OLED feedback for immediate real-time access to all core controls or any assignable parameter. Fast-track your workflow with FORCE’s collection of smart controls for navigation, playback/recording control, note expression, crossfading and much more.
Connectivity and Storage
Stream or load your samples from a USB thumb drive or SD card, or expand FORCE’s storage with the SATA drive bay. Capture audio with (2) XLR/1⁄4-inch combo inputs with phantom power, switchable to line/instrument level. Route your audio to two stereo 1⁄4-inch outputs, selectable per track within FORCE’s UI. Use the headphone out as a cue bus to audition clips/scenes. Take control of your modular gear with four independent CV/ Gate outputs and unite your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of MIDI In/Out/Through ports and USB via FORCE’s unprecedented MIDI Multi capability. With Disk Streaming and Class Compliant Audio Interface support, connectivity and storage restrictions are things of the past!
From sparking that initial idea to arranging and final mixdown, everything your production demands is here. Record, program and sequence with multiple track types including Plugin Tracks with MPC-style DrumTracks, Audio Tracks, Keygroup Tracks, MIDI tracks and CV tracks. Sketch out song sections in performance mode, then arrange these on FORCE’s linear arranger. Add the final polish to your track using dozens of processors and effects from the AIR FX suite, all controllable via smart assignments on the rotary encoders or the displays on the touch user interface.
For the DJ, FORCE immediately connects to your live rig either as a feature-rich side-cart or a solo centrepiece. Remix and mashup tracks on FORCE’s 8x8 clip matrix. Import multiple stems, then time-stretch and pitch-shift your content all in real-time. Assign tracks to FORCE’s crossfader and load full tracks, stems or loops to FORCE’s 8x8 matrix. Add an extra dimension to your performance with tactile XYFX. Connect FORCE to your wireless network and sync your project with any Ableton Link compatible application or hardware device. The creative possibilities are only as limited as your imagination - adding an extra dimension to your DJ performance has never been simpler.
FORCE is your instrument, the heart of your performance and the perfect platform to reimagine your production live. Combine an intuitive clip-centric workflow, multiple payback modes and track types to sculpt clips with real-time step sequencing, drum pad performances and note data.
Meet the Synth Engines
Hard-coded into the FORCE Architecture are four premium synth engines, each with full editing capability for immersive sound sculpting potential. Sequence via a traditional piano roll, apply the onboard Arpeggiator or switch up to Note Mode for instant access to intelligent chord, progression and scale options.
- Hype - Cover everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset and macro-based synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, subtractive, sampling) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package
- Tubesynth - Emulate the sound of classic vintage analogue poly-synths with an advanced analogue modelling algorithm, packaged with five integrated AIR effects
- Bassline - Access the sounds of a classic mono synth with variable oscillator waveshapes, sub/fifth oscillators, LPF & HPF options and four integrated AIR effects
- Electric - The ultimate in classic e-piano emulation with Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections, five AIR effects and dozens of pre-sets to get you started
- Mellotron - The legendary tape-sample keyboard instrument with the iconic choir, woodwind, and stringed instrument sounds
- Solina - The polyphonic string and brass instrument keyboard instrument with AIR Music Technology’s Flavor section for added sound processing and shaping.
- Odyssey - The WayOutWare Odyssey plugin instrument is a faithful plugin instrument version of the only authorised, circuit-modelled recreation of the iconic synthesiser.
- DrumSynth - A hybrid drum synthesizer plugin with FM, analogue model, physical model, and sample-based synthesis engines for futuristic drum and percussion sound design.
Insert Effects by AIR Music Tech.
FORCE features a wide collection of insert effects plugins to elevate your compositions and productions. Powered by the award-winning AIR Music Technology, these versatile plugins enable the crafting of a world-class audio mix & master or creative remixing, arranging, and performance of your FORCE projects. Dial-up exciting glitch audio FX with Stutter or instantly create the modern down-tempo vibe with Half Speed. When your project is ready to be finalized, industry-standard mix insert effects like AIR Enhancer and Limiter ensure your projects will translate and stand out anywhere, in any listening environment.
Resample your clips or capture audio from FORCE’s collection of inputs and discover the endless creative possibilities of looping. Backed by an intuitive touch user interface and full audio routing capability, FORCE’s Looping capability is perfect for studio-centric inspiration or adding something truly original to your performance. Sounds Out-the-box, FORCE comes preloaded with 10GB+ of must-have sounds from industry-leading sample content providers, including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio and Sample Magic. With 248 kits, 16 demo projects, 2,500+ loops and 500+ patterns, FORCE’s core library provides immediate access to the most sought-after sounds to inspire your creativity from the get-go.
Simplify your sample browsing and auditioning with onboard Splice integration in FORCE. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering nearly every musical style. With Splice natively embedded in FORCE, experience immediate Wi-Fi access to your own Splice library directly from the touch screen user interface.
Ableton Live Integration
FORCE comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live with clip launching, control of the mixer and control of Ableton macros over a Wi-Fi network via Ableton Link - or an ethernet cable between FORCE and your computer. Enjoy the seamless flexibility to instantly switch FORCE between standalone operation and Live Control mode without ever stopping playback from either ecosystem. For the ultimate standalone experience, bring your Ableton projects into FORCE for a workflow completely free of computer tethering using the Ableton Live Project Import function.
Don’t settle for stock drum libraries, your drum sounds should be as unique as your production. With 3.0.6, FORCE arms the production community with a groundbreaking selection of 8 synth engines powering 9 incredible DrumSynth plugins. Packed with must-have contemporary sounds, and backed by powerful sound generators driven by all-new FM synthesis, analogue & physical modelling and sample-based algorithms, every synthesised drum sound the modern producer should have at their disposal is here. DrumSynth empowers FORCE users with powerful synthesis, incredible presets and precise sound design sculpting capabilities to develop their own unique sounds.
Like all FORCE instruments, DrumSynth plugins harness the refined tactile touch user interface for an inspiring, easy-to-use workspace that accelerates workflow and puts the control you demand only a touch away!
The 8 engines include Kick, Snare, Clap, Hi-Hat, Crash, Ride, Tom and Percussion. Additionally, all the engines can be accessed in one multi-mode instrument for a powerful combination program. Fuse this with built-in sound effects including a transient shaper, tuning, EQ, compression, delay, reverb and more, and DrumSynth is poised to supercharge the FORCE workflow and elevate your creative process even higher.
New In FORCE 3.1
Never miss out on the moment’s inspiration with new Disk Streaming support. With Disk Streaming, quickly access audio files from your storage devices instantly. Cue up dozens of loops for on-the-fly clip-launching or playback and record instruments parts with seemingly unlimited audio file lengths. Even for your largest projects, Disk Streaming cuts down project load time to mere seconds, enabling you to get back to the music faster than ever.
Bring out the best of your vocal performances with the new Vocal Suite. This collection of 3 plugins provides everything needed to record and mix the perfect vocals. Vocal Tuner is the versatile pitch correction plugin, capable of subtle tuning to the ubiquitous auto vocal tune sound of contemporary music. Vocal Doubler quickly transforms any vocal into a wide, spacious layer effect, bringing in-your-face presence to any vocal track. Finally, dial-up an instant background part with the Harmonizer plugin. Instantly create a full 4-part harmony section for your project with the touch of a button. Whether you need a creative spark or are putting the final touches, Vocal Suite will deliver perfect vocal parts.
Take on bigger and more creative projects with expanded audio I/O support. FORCE now supports 3rd party class-compliant audio interface devices, offering you up to 32 input and 32 output channels of audio routing simultaneously. Record larger multi-tracking sources or route your audio our to analogue gear for processing. Expanded I/O cements FORCE as the central hub of not only your workflow but your entire recording studio.
No update would be complete without the right workflow enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency. A wide range of updates for FORCE cover every aspect of the creative process. Sample key detection cuts down on time spent finding the key of a loop and new Akai Sample Tail intuitively smoothes out your drum samples and breaks by applying an even delay. When you need to give your drum kits an added touch of process, quickly pull up a Drum Pad Effect to add from 10 effects like BitCrush, RingMod, and Soft Clipper for extra character and texture. Add dynamic feel and expression to Submix, Return, and Master channels with expanded Track Behavior enabling creative recording & editing of automation and more. Reinvigorate your creative process with these features and more, now in FORCE 3.1.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7-inch full colour capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
- Remix, mash-up, DJ and produce with 6 track types and a linear song arranger for complete audio/MIDI/ CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance Modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
- MPC Sample Editing
- Automatic BPM and Key detection, real-time timestretching and pitch-shifting 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5-inch SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- Now with Mellotron, Solina, and WayOutWare Odyssey instruments along with the AIR Vocal Suite
- Pads - (64) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- - (8) 360° touch-sensitive Knobs
- - (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- - (5) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- Buttons - (56) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit Display
- - 6.9”/176mm (diagonal)
- - 5.9” x 3.7”/150 x 93mm (width x height)
- - Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- - (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- - (4) 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- - (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- - (1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI input (1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI output
- - (1) 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI thru port
- - (4) 1/8” (3.5mm) CV/Gate outputs
- - (1) Ethernet link port
- - (2) USB Type-A ports
- - (1) USB Type-B port
- - (1) SD card slot
- - (1) power adapter input
- Power - via power adapter: 19V, 3.42A, centre-positive, included
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- - 13.8” x 15.3” x 2.85”
- - 350 x 389 x 72.5mm
- - 8.53 lbs.
- - 3.87kg
Stagg SGC3 Instrument Cable, 3m/10ft