AKG K72 Closed Back Studio Headphones
Overview by GAK
The AKG K Series is one of our best selling headphones ranges. They represent outstanding value for money, combining a durable, comfortable design with a clear, detailed sound that works well for casual listening and music creation applications.
Designed to meet the stringent requirements of recording musicians, producers and engineers on a budget, the AKG K72 delivers legendary AKG sound quality with exceptional comfort.
Check out the K92 if you need the most professional solution, as it features the best features, spec and sound fidelity in the range. The K52 is also available as an affordable alternative to the K72.
The AKG K72 features an extended frequency range of 16Hz – 20kHz as well as a slightly more sensitive driver for increased detail. The K72 also features more advanced appointments such as a screw-on 6.3mm (1/4”) plug to conveniently adapt the same headphones to professional gear and also personal music players.
Featuring highly sensitive, high output 40mm drivers, each set of headphones in the range feature a wide frequency response for a detailed, balanced sound as well as low impedance for compatibility with personal music players as well as professional gear. With a closed-back design eliminating audio bleed and preserving privacy, their ergonomic, self-adjusting headband and over-ear design provide comfort during marathon listening sessions.
Overview by AKG
Pro-quality sound meets style and affordability with the AKG K72 over-ear, closed-back headphones.
Professional-grade 40mm drivers reveal even the subtlest nuances, so you can be confident your mix will translate accurately on any system. Whether you’re tracking the hook or mixing background harmonies, the self-adjusting headband and lightweight design will provide hours of comfort.
Designed by the company whose mics and headphones have helped create some of the world’s most iconic recordings, the durable K72 headphones deliver great sound wherever your music takes you.
- Precisely balanced response provides reference-monitor accuracy
- Professional drivers 40mm drivers for extended 16Hz - 20kHz frequency response
- Over-ear design and lightweight construction for exceptional comfort
- Closed-back design maximizes isolation
- Self-adjusting headband ensures perfect fit
- Professional build quality 3m (9.8') cable
- 3.5mm (1/8") plug with 6.3mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
- Did your recording sound great at home but you regret playing it for your friends in the car? If so, you need an accurate monitoring solution to expose problems before you leave the studio. Our K72 headphones deliver authoritative, extended low-frequency response that gives definition to kick drums and bass guitars. At the same time, the detailed yet precisely balanced high-frequency response reveals the nuance in vocals, guitars and acoustic instruments. The K72 headphones confirm your critical creative decisions, so you know when your track's ready for prime time.
- Wondering how it's possible to get such great sound from affordable headphones? When it comes to audio quality, driver size and weight are critical, especially in the lower frequencies. Our generous 40mm drivers deliver high sensitivity for powerful output, plus an extended frequency response that reveals every detail. The K72s also feature a low-impedance design for compatibility with a broad range of playback devices, from professional studio gear to portable music players. Our engineers leveraged their extensive expertise to optimize every single component - delivering a great set of headphones without compromise.
- Whether you're tracking or mixing, you need to focus to perform at your best. The K72 headphones' closed-back design eliminates audio leakage and delivers sound to your ears only. The mic won't pick up the sound of the click track in your headphones - and you'll always be able to mix peacefully without being distracted by outside noise.
- This exceptional level of audio isolation is due to a new acoustic chamber, which sits between the ear cup and the hinge that connects to the headband. Our innovative design gives you the freedom to move your head in any direction, without letting sound in or out. With the K72, you'll enjoy a private workspace, no matter where you choose to create.
- Getting the perfect mix sometimes means monitoring track levels for hours - and that's when comfort really counts. We designed our unique self-adjusting headband to automatically create the perfect fit for every band member. No need to mess with delicate sizing mechanisms, which have the potential to break over time.
- The exposed headband design keeps the K72 headphones comfortably light, without compromising driver size. Breathable, lightweight ear pads encircle your ears, rather than putting pressure on them. And a single-sided cable gives you freedom to move. To sum it up, these high-performance headphones sound, feel and look great. Who says you can't have it all?
No upgrades available
Really good sound for the price! I can still hear the music spilling through the headset on my track though... maybe I have to record at a lower volume... anyway good quality headphones!
Amazing headphones for the price. Light on your head and great at keeping the sound in.
Great headphones for the price
Blown away by the quality of these bargain AKGs. Brilliant headphones, perfect for small studio work.
Quality for the price