AKG C 12 VR Vintage Condenser Microphone
The C 12 is considered one of the first famous tube microphones in the history of recording. This collector's item is still very much sought after and engineers all over the world love it for its fantastic, unique sound. The C 12 VR started a remarkable renaissance of the original. It is similar to the original C 12, from the capsule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube.
The only difference is that its self noise and distortion specs were optimized to meet the current state of the art. The C 12 VR rerun is even more rugged, less susceptible to hum interference, and provides exceptionally low self noise.
The rerun of the 1-inch dual-diaphragm capsule and the original 6072A vacuum tube provide the same sound characterized by warmth, clarity, and presence that had made the C 12 world famous. Forget your EQ - the C 12 VR provides a perfect sound with no external processing. From omni to cardioid to figure-eight, no less than nine polar patterns are selectable on the remote control.
With two remotely controllable bass rolloff filters, switchable preattenuation pad, and selectable 10 dB increase in nominal sensitivity, the C 12 VR will meet the most diverse challenges. The output transformer uses a special winding to minimize low-frequency distortion, and internal shock mounts effectively reduce handling noise. The extensive features make the C 12 VR a necessity not only for vocals, but for instrumental solo recording, as well.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Classic 1-inch (25 mm) condenser tube performance of the original AKG C 12
- Multiple patterns (nine total) remotely controlled with silent switching
- Uses the original 6072 vacuum tube
- Uses the original 1950s dual diaphragm design for sound that has the same warmth, clarity and presence of the original
- Internal microphone switching for pre- attenuation of -10, - 20 dB and boost of 10 dB to accommodate all studio requirements. External (in control unit) two-position bass cut/roll-off
- The C 12 VR comes complete with an aluminum carrying case, power supply, cable, windscreen, and spider type shock mount
- Transducer type: Dual diaphragm, 1 in. (25 mm) diameter
- Diaphragm material: Gold sputtered mylar foil
- Frequency response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz (Â±2.5 dB from published curves)
- Polar patterns: Omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8, with 6 intermediate patterns (silent switching)
- Impedance: 200 ohms (Â±25%)
- Recommended load impedance: 1000 ohms or greater
- Output connector (from control unit): XLR (pin 2 positive)
- Output connector (from microphone): Tuchel 12-pin
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa for all patterns; -40 dB (dB re 1 V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 22 dB (DIN 45412)
- Sound pressure level for 3% THD: 128 dB (equivalent to 50 Pa)
- Pre-attenuation: -10 and -20 dB (at microphone)
- Sensitivity increase: 10 dB (at microphone)
- Low frequency roll-off/bass cut: two-position (at control unit)
- Power requirement: 115/230 Vac
- Microphone size: 1.65 in. dia (42 mm), 8.9 in. long (225 mm)
- Microphone net weight: 24 oz. (0.68 kg)
- Shipping weight: 10 lb. (4.5 kg)
- Accessories included: Aluminum flight case, N 12 VR remote power supply, H 15/T elastic suspension, MK 12V R 30 ft. (10 m) connecting cable, W 42 Foam windscreen