AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG's industry-leading C 414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected work horse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch'all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.
Also available as C 214 Stereo Set.
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Signal/noise ratio: (A-weighted) 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
No upgrades available