AKG C 414 XL II/ST Stereo Matched Pair
AKG Product Overview
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. They also require performance consistency and accurate localisation from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair has been created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
The matched pairs consist of two microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 300 Hz to 8,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode. The microphones are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones according to the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings in various techniques will provide a strong and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enables to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Selected from thousands of individual microphones
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) Â± 0.5 dB
- Signal/noise ratio: (A-weighted) 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz