AKG C414 XL II Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG C 414 XLII Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Overview by GAK
The AKG C 414 XLII is a professional, Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone with a stylish gold finish. With 9 selectable pickup patterns; Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings, the AKG C 414 XLII is the ideal all-round microphone but is best used when recording or performing lead vocals and solo instruments that might-otherwise get lost in a dense mix.
See below for Full Features and Additional Overview
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- AKG C 414 - A legend since 1971
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enables to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Signal/noise ratio: (A-weighted) 88 dB
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight: 300 g (10.6 oz.)
- The C 414 XL II is the successor of the famous C 414 B-TL II. It shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C 12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivalled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambience miking.
- The XL II version differs from the XLS version in one major respect - the capsule. Both, the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary C 12 microphones.
- For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world's most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and audio engineers.
Great large diaphragm condenser for the money great on all sound sources