AKG C414 XLS/ST Stereo Matched Pair
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. They also require performance consistency and accurate localisation from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair has been created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
The matched pairs consist of two microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 300 Hz to 8,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode. The microphones are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones according to the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings in various techniques will provide a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enable to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Selected from thousands of individual microphones
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20, 000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) Â± 0.5 dB
- Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
I have wanted these mics for some years now and am not disappointed with them,they are fantastic!
A great pair of microphones. Suitable to record almost anything.