The AKG C542BL Boundary Layer Microphone. Small and inconspicuous, lightweight yet rugged, sonically versatile.
The AKG C542BL is a high-quality boundary microphone designed to deliver superior results for a multitude of recording applications. The boundary layer technique is well-known for recording and offers non-directional pickup that is frequency independent.
Succeeding the proven C 562 BL, the C 542 BL is small, lightweight and easy to place. No stand is needed. Since the transducer sits in a metal plate only 5 mm (0.2 in) thick, the plate doesn't interfere with or colour the sound. Frequency response is very uniform within its hemisphere and it captures the "room sound'' of an instrument very accurately.
The C 542 BL can be permanently attached to the floor or wall of a studio using the screw holes in the plate or attached temporarily using the supplied adhesive compound. Its 3-pin male XLR output connector also has a switchable bass-cut filter to minimize surface-born noise. Easy to use and sonically versatile, the AKG C 542 BL is a great addition to the "mic locker'' of any studio.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Extremely small and inconspicuous, lightweight yet rugged
- Delivers superior sound combined with outstanding ease of use
- High sensitivity and low self-noise ensures generous headroom
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional (hemispherical)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 130 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3): 26 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Bass filter: Wwitchable flat or 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Impedance: =2.000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
- Current consumption: