AKG D112 MKII Professional Dynamic Bass Drum Microphone
AKG D112 Mk2 Overview By GAK
The AKG D112 MkII is a professional dynamic bass drum microphone. This is a new version of the world famous D112 microphone which has been used in studios all over the globe. The new model features an integrated flexible mount, while retaining all the sonic strengths that have made it's predecessor the industry-standard. Over the years the D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best bass drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction.
- The D112 MkII can handle more than 160 dB SPL without distortion. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100 Hz. Its authoritative low end is complemented by a narrow-band presence boost at 4 kHz that punches through even dense mixes and loud stage volumes with forceful impact. One of the many reasons artists and sound engineers love the D112 MkII is that it requires no additional EQ to sound just right as soon as you bring up the fader. Further refining its performance, the D112 MkII features an integrated hum-compensation coil that keeps noise to an absolute minimum.
- In addition to being an exceptional bass drum mic on stage and in the studio, the D112 MkII is an excellent choice for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones.
- Integrated flexible mount makes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamber for unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone delivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coil keeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphone used on stages worldwide for over 30 years
No upgrades available
Good mix for kick drum