AKG Perception 120 USB Plug and Play Microphone
In 2005 AKG launched the very first Perception models GÇô a completely new series of microphones showing legendary AKG sound and quality at an attractive price level. In 2008 the new Perception Series continued this success story with four new models. Since April 2009 the highly anticipated Perception 820 Tube microphone is not only the brand-new flagship model of the Perception Series but also raises the bar in its class of affordable tube microphones.
The Perception 120 USB is the very first USB-equipped microphone from AKG, offering studio-quality sound performance without requiring any installation or drivers. With the widespread USB standard and its ease of use, this new model allows users without any recording experience to make professional-quality recordings from their home. It is a real plug-and-play device enabling customers to do podcasts, voiceovers and studio-quality rehearsal-recordings quickly and easily.
The USB is a widely known interface for audio equipment like sound cards, active monitors and outboard equipment, which makes the Perception 120 USB one of the most versatile microphones available.
In its class, the Perception 120 USB is the only USB microphone with an integrated analogue-to-digital converter with 24-bit and 128x oversampling. Instead of usual one-chip-solutions the high-quality analogue-to-digital converter provides convincing sound quality and low noise.
The Perception 120 USB includes a two-third-inch condenser capsule with a low-mass diaphragm delivering accurate sonic details, an integrated pop filter that avoids plosives, a switchable bass cut filter and an attenuation switch. It supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and MAC OS X but also the new Windows 7.
The Perception 120 USB comes complete with everything you need: a tripod table stand, a swivel mount, a quick start guide and an USB cable.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Real Plug-and-Play (no installation, no drivers, no reboot required)
- Supports Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS
- Integrated high-quality Analogue-to-Digital Converter (24-bit, 128x oversampling) for convincing sound quality and low noise
- Two-third-inch condenser capsule with a low-mass diaphragm delivers sonic details
- Switchable bass-cut filter reduces mechanical vibration and wind noise
- Switchable attenuation pad for close-up miking and loud instruments
- Blue LEDs indicate operation
- Integrated pop filter avoids plosives effectively
- Tripod table stand, swivel mount and USB cable included
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
- Type: 2/3" Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Preattenuation pad: 0, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 6 dB/octave at 120 Hz
- Power requirement: provided by USB connection
- USB support: USB 1.1, 2.0
- Sampling rate: 44,1 and 48 kHz
- Analog-to-digital converter: Built-in high-quality 24-bit ADC
- Oversampling: 128x
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS
- Dimensions: 53 dia x 165 mm ( 2.1 dia x 6.5 in.)
- Net weight: 460 g (18.8 oz.)