AKG Perception 220 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG Perception 220 Overview by GAK
The AKG Perception 220 Microphone is a large diaphragm condenser mic with high SPL and shock mount. Featuring outstanding build quality and attention to detail, the AKG Perception 220, also known as the P220 is a must-have for capturing professional-level audio at a great price. The Perception 220 is supplied with a spider-type shock mount and a rugged metal case.
See below for full features and additional overview.
- One-inch large-diaphragm, true condenser cardioid transducer
- An excellent choice for a variety of recording and sound applications:
- -Studio applications,
- -Live sound,
- -Guitar and bass amps,
- -Acoustic instruments
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Rugged all-metal body
- Roadworthy construction
- Switchable bass cut filter
- Legendary AKG sound quality
- Designed and engineered by AKG in Vienna, Austria
- The AKG Perception 220 True Condenser Cardioid Microphone. Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with high SPL and shock mount.
- The AKG Perception 220 is a large-diaphragm true condenser microphone offering outstanding build quality and excellent value. Its many useful features and included accessories make this microphone uncommonly versatile. It delivers a classic warm, clear sound and conforms to the stringent standards defined for AKG recording products. These standards are based on AKGÂ´s six decades of experience in making microphones and on input from sound engineers around the world who use AKG products every day. The Perception 220 's 1-inch large-diaphragm true condenser transducer brings AKG studio quality to the project studio as well as all other areas of recording and live sound applications.
- A switchable bass cut filter and preattenuation pad make it perfectly suited even for use on loud sound sources producing sound pressure levels up to 155 dB SPL. The rugged and roadworthy design makes it also a perfect choice for on-stage applications. The Perception 220 is supplied with a spider-type shock mount and a rugged metal case.
- Type: 1 inch Large Diaphragm True Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa (-35 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135 dB/155 dB (0/-20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 12 dB/octave at 300 Hz
- Impedance: =1000 ohms
Fantastic microphone. Would highly recommend for any home studio
Absolute tank of microphone, solid construction all round, nice feel to switches and impressed by the shock mount and storage box. As far as I can tell gives excellent reproduction but sadly does not improve the quality of my voice talents, in fact it exacerbates the flaws??