AKG Perception 420 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG Perception 420 Microphone Overview by GAK
The AKG Perception 420 Microphone is a multi-pattern large-diaphragm condenser with a robust and stylish build. With a high sensitivity of 155 db maximum SPL, the AKG Perception 420 microphone is the ideal choice for the more demanding professional studio applications. The AKG Perception 420, also knows as the P420 is extremely versatile, boasting the ability to record A/B, X/Y, and M/S stereo recording, Ambience recording, Grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments, Percussions, Drums, and Classical music recording professionally.
See below for full features and additional overview.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Back-to-back large-diaphragm multi-pattern transducer
- An excellent choice for a variety of professional recording applications: A/B, X/Y, and M/S stereo recording, Ambience recording, Grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments, Percussions, Drums, Classical music recording, Studio applications
- True condenser technology
- High sensitivity and 155 dB maximum SPL capability
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Switchable bass cut filter
- Legendary, pristine AKG sound quality
- The AKG Perception 420 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone. Large-diaphragm, multi-Pattern, high SPL condenser microphone with shock mount and case.
- The AKG Perception 420 is a multi-pattern large-diaphragm condenser microphone for more demanding professional studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity and 155 dB maximum SPL, the Perception 420 delivers a warm transparent sound quality ideally suited for ensemble recording, grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments as well as drums and percussion instruments. In addition, three selectable polar patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-eight - allow a wide range of stereo miking techniques and ambient recording.
- A switchable bass cut filter and preattenuation pad enable the Perception 420 to be used close to sound sources in sound fields as high as 155 dB. The microphone's chassis is made of precision-tooled zinc/aluminium alloy and boasts a dent resistant stainless-steel wire-mesh front grille. It is supplied with a spider-type shock mount in an aluminium carrying case.
- Type: Dual-capsule,1-inch large-diaphragm, true condenser pressure-gradient microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-eight
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 28 mV/Pa (-31 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135 dB/155 dB (0/-20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 12 dB/octave at 300 Hz
- Impedance: =1000 ohms