AKG Perception 820 Tube Condenser Microphone (P820)
AKG Perception 820 Tube Microphone Overview by GAK
The AKG Perception 820 Microphone is a Tube Condensor mic with an attractive brush-finished, anodized Aluminium front plate and all-metal housing for maximum shielding. Thanks to the dual 1" (inch) large diaphragm capsule and the sophisticated ECC 83 dual-triode circuitry., the AKG Perception 820, also known as the P820 mic delivers real tube sound quality at an affordable price.
See below for full features and additional overview.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Two back-to-back one-inch large diaphragms featuring True Condenser Technology
- An ECC 83 dual-triode tube circuitry emphasizes even-order harmonics for rich, smooth and three-dimensional sound
- The elegant remote control unit allows selection of 9 different pickup patterns from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure 8
- The switchable bass cut filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/oct) reduces unwanted rumble or footfall noise
- A 20 dB attenuation pad enables for high SPL applications up to 155 dB
- Brush-finished, anodized Aluminium front plate and all-metal housing for maximum shielding
- A ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
- In 2005 AKG has launched the very first Perception models - a completely new series of microphones showing legendary AKG Sound & Quality at an outstanding price level.
- The brand-new Perception 820 Tube delivers real tube sound quality. It is not only the new flagship model of the Perception Series but also raises the bar in its class of affordable tube microphones.
- In contrast to many other affordable tube microphones, the Perception 820 Tube delivers real tube sound quality thanks to the dual one-inch large diaphragm capsule and the sophisticated ECC 83 dual-triode circuitry.
- The elegant remote control unit allows selection of 9 different pickup patterns and controls the switchable bass-cut filter and the attenuation pad. Moreover, a ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary.
- It comes complete with a spider-type shock mount and a metal carrying case.
- AKG's industry-leading Perception Series of condenser microphones are recognized for their outstanding quality and versatile capabilities at an affordable price.
- The Perception 820 Tube raises the bar in its class - It shows real tube sound, the highest dynamic range, the most comprehensive features and comes complete with useful accessories at an unbeatable price.
- Type: 1-inch dual-diaphragm, true condenser pressuregradient
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, cardioid, figure eight plus six intermediate patterns (selectable on Remote Control Unit)
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV Â±3 dB)
- Max. SPL: 135/155 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Preattenuation pad: -20 dB (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/Oktave, 80 Hz (switchable on Remote Control Unit)
- Impedance: =1000 ohms
- Powering: via Remote Control Unit
- Connector: dedicated 7-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: 53 dia. x 212 mm high (2 x 8.3 in.)
- Net weight: 870 g / 1.9 lbs.
- Remote Control Unit: Audio/control input: dedicated 7-pin female XLR connector
- Audio output: standard 3-pin male XLR connector,balanced, pin 2 hot
- Polar pattern selector: 9-position detented rotary switch
- Bass cut filter switch: 2-position toggle switch
- Preattenuation switch: 2-position toggle switch
- Power voltage: 210-240 VAC or 110-120 VAC, selectable
- Primary fuse: 125 mA / 250 V slow-blow