Alesis Ion Synth
Developed by innovative Alesis engineering and DSP technology, the Alesis ION is a high-resolution analog modeling synthesizer offering breakthrough processing power, real-time control, and great value.
The ION features an ergonomic user interface with 3 variably-illuminating control wheels and 31 amply spaced control knobs. The knobs are 360 degree potentiometers with 12-bit resolution, yielding 32 times the resolution of a typical MIDI controller, yet still compatible with the latest sequencers via NRPNs (Non-Registered Parameter Numbers). The result is extraordinary precision'void of any undesirable digital artifacts'and a very "analog" sound throughout the entire frequency range.
A 160x160 graphic display provides instant visual feedback as a parameter is edited. The ION keyboard contains 49 velocity-sensitive keys, 4 analog outputs and 2 stereo analog inputs (all balanced and using 24-bit conversion), 4 individual insert effects, a stereo master multi-FX processor, and an internal universal power supply.
Developed by a world-class sound design team, many of whom programmed the flagship Andromeda synthesizer, the ION's 512 user-rewritable presets cover a variety of genres, including many exciting new tonalities, as well as classic synth emulations. New sounds will also be available from the Alesis website, as will a Flash demo of the ION.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 512 Preset Programs, All User Re-Writeable
- 8 Voice Polyphony, 4 Parts Multi-timbral
- 3 Oscillators per Voice, With Continuously Variable wave shapes, Sync and FM
- 2 Multimode Filters per Voice, 16 Filter types to choose from
- 2 LFOs, Sample and Hold and Arpeggiator - all Sync to MIDI Clock
- 4 Individual Mono/Stereo Insert Effects and Stereo Master Multi-FX Processor
- Fully Featured Vocoder with up to 40 bands
- Performance friendly interface with 31 knobs, 69 buttons, sustain and expression pedal inputs, pitch bend wheel and 2 assignable mod wheels
- High Resolution Graphic LCD
- 49 Velocity Sensitive Keys
- 4 Analog Outputs and Stereo Analog Inputs - all balanced 24-bit
- Internal Universal Power Supply.