Alesis SamplePad 4
Alesis Product Overview
The Alesis SamplePad 4 is an all-in-one percussion and sample-playing instrument.
The Alesis SamplePad 4 is an all-in-one percussion and sample-playing instrument. It comes equipped with four responsive, LED-illuminated rubber pads, dual zone trigger input, and 10 preset kits. With a built-in library of the most commonly requested percussion and electronic drum sounds and the ability to load samples, the only limit is your imagination.
For even more flexibility, you can tune and add reverb to your sounds. Intuitive navigation makes it easy to browse through your kits and you can drag and drop your samples via USB on a Mac or PC without removing your SD card. The bright blue LED lighting is clearly visible in every setting.
- 4 pads allow endless percussive and sampling triggering possibilities
- Built-in library of 25 most commonly requested percussion and electronic drum sounds
- 10 preset kits
- Add any sound sample or loop to your drum or percussion setup via SD card
- Accepts SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, storing 89 user kits and 512 samples per card
- Dynamic blue LED lighting provides clear visibility in any setting
- Intuitive navigation lets you browse through your kits with ease
- Drag and drop samples via USB on Mac or PC without removing your SD card
- USB-MIDI output for use with virtual instrument and recording software
- Tune and add reverb to your sounds
- Dual trigger input for expansion
- SamplePad 4
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
No upgrades available
Works as advertised! Good sensitivity, nice design, fine sound banks. Just short of 5 stars by not having a good built in reverb. Still, would recommend.
It’s OK, but not great. The main larger pads work pretty well although it would be nice if they were a bit more sensitive. You can adjust the sensitivity, but even at the highest setting they don’t respond as I would like when doing rolls etc. The smaller pads at the top are terrible. They have to be hit really hard to trigger making them almost unusable. I wanted something simple with at least two pads to trigger midi and / or samples. For the price, it’s OK. I couldn’t find any alternatives in this price range that had at least two pads.
Just getting my head around this brilliant piece of kit. I think it's going to be a great addition to my studio setup.
Instructions could be a bit clearer.