Alesis Surge Mesh Kit
Alesis Surge Mesh Kit overview by GAK
Alesis present the Surge Mesh Kit, exceptional power, robustness and playability packaged in a compact size at an affordable price.
New to 2018, the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit is a formidable entry from Alesis into the electronic drum kit market. Complete with five drums and three cymbals, the Mesh Kit also features an 8-inch mesh kick pad tower, kick pedal and hi-hat pedal. Combine this with a package that even includes drumsticks and a tuning key, the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit arms you with everything you need to get playing immediately!
Feel at home on the Surge Mesh kit thanks to its adjustable 10" Dual-Zone mesh snare pad and three 8" Dual-Zone mesh tom pads, all of which feel natural and highly responsive, allowing you to focus on mastering your technique. Take your kick playing to the next level thanks to the included 8" mesh kick tower pad, large enough to accommodate a double-pedal should you wish to equip one. The Surge Mesh kit also comes complete with three 10" cymbals including a ride, hi-hat and crash (with responsive choke mechanisms).
All elements of the kit are housed on a robust 4-post chrome rack that sets up with ease and takes up very little space, furthermore, the low-weight of the unit makes it incredibly portable.
The Surge Drum Module equips the kit with a powerful brain that brings your playing to life. Play one of 40 drum kits (24 presets and 16 user kits) that feature 385 individual sounds that can be custom-assigned to any pad trigger or cymbal.
Play one of many fine-tuned professional kits or create your own, custom setup to suit your playing style. browse through tight punchy snares and kicks apt for Hip Hop and Neo-Soul, to booming, gated drums suitable for rock and metal, no matter the genre and style, this module has you covered. Additionally, you can customise your kit further by utilizing the onboard effects that include reverb and 3-band equaliser.
To aid in your practice, play along with one of 60 available tracks or utilise the stereo AUX in to play along
Whether practising at home in silence thanks to the headphone jack or jamming it out on PA via the stereo outs, the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit is an advanced and highly adaptable electronic kit that's perfect for any playing scenario and any playing style.
- 10" dual-zone mesh snare and three 8" dual-zone mesh tom pads for great feel and natural response
- 8" mesh kick drum tower with kick drum pedal included
- (3) 10" cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash w/choke
- Connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- Surge Drum Module with 40 kits, 60 play-along tracks and 385 sounds
- Record your own playing or connect your mp3 player to the Aux input
- 4-post chrome rack
- Maximum Polyphony 64
- Drum Kits: 40 kits (24 preset kits + 16 user kits) 11 General MIDI kits
- Instruments: 385 (drums, percussion, SFX) 7 hi-hat combinations (open/closed)
- Effects Reverb, 3-band equaliser
- Sequencer: Normal Mode: 80 songs Learning Mode: 20 beats, 12 rhythms, 10 patterns Resolution: 120 ticks per quarter note Maximum Note Storage: approximately 1600 notes
- Tempo: 30-280 BPM
- Display: Backlit segment LCD
- Connectors: (1) 25-pin cable input (9-trigger cable snake) (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo output (headphones) (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo input (auxiliary) (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) trigger inputs (Tom 4 & Crash 2) (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) outputs (main left & right) (1) 5-pin MIDI input (1) 5-pin MIDI output (1) USB Type-B port
- Power: 9 VDC, 500 mA, centre-positive Note: This appliance is not equipped with a main power switch. Even when the appliance is turned off, the power supply to the appliance is not completely turned off when the power adapter is plugged in. Disconnect the power adapter when not using the appliance for long periods.