Allen & Heath ZED-22FX 2 Bus Analogue Mixer with FX
Allen & Heath Product Overview
ZED-22FX is ideal for groups who need to travel light. Featuring configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings.
The ZED-22FX easily accommodates vocals, drums, guitar, bass and keys whilst also providing a dedicated FX bus and 16 internal time-delay effects GÇô giving the whole mix extra ambience.
- Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it! CD quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations:-
- SEND OPTIONS:
- -1) Main Mix Left Right (Post-fade)
- -2) Main Mix Left Right (Pre-Fade)
- -3) Auxes 1-2
- -4) Auxes 3-4
- RETURN OPTIONS:
- -1) To Stereo 3 channel
- ZED-22FX features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilises MusiQ - with optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
- ZED-22FX has an essential selection of 16 time-delay effects, designed for small groups who don't want to carry around an effects unit with their gear but who still want great quality FX at their gigs and on their recordings. Our DSP engineers worked hard, crafting and refining beautiful reverb algorithms to enhance every performance. These effects are available nowhere else at this price point - this quality and integration is only available from the ZED-FX. ZED effects are easily controlled using 3 buttons with 9 display LEDs. For example, the ideal delay time can be quickly tapped-in, or the perfect amount of reverb on the lead vocal can be dialled-in. There is one-stop navigation and editing - in fact, it's just as easy as using effects pedals. To alter effects parameters, the TAP button is held down and the up/down buttons pressed to adjust the specific parameter for that effect, for example, the decay length on PLATE, or the depth on CHORUS.
- Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, ZED-22FX has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge - 69dB of range to be exact - and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a
- higher input impedance.
- We've included Cakewalk SONAR LE with ZED-22FX so you can immediately start to use it to create your own music - just add a PC and it couldn't be easier to get going. You'll be able to record from your ZED mixer, create tracks and arrange songs, then play back to ZED via the USB port. You can use SONAR LE and your ZED mixer together in many ways - e.g. straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or using the USB port and software as an effects loop.
- Key Features:
- -Powered by SONAR X1
- -32 audio tracks
- -64 MIDI tracks
- -8 simultaneous inputs and outputs
- -24-bit/96 kHz audio quality
- -24 simultaneous effects
- -8 simultaneous virtual instruments
- 16 mono channels
- 16 internal time-delay effects
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain 'DuoPre' mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 2 pre-fade Aux sends
- 1 post-fade Aux send
- 1 internal FX send
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 4 stereo channels with 2-band EQ and inputs for extra sources
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE bundled with mixer
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.