Apogee Ensemble 30x34 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Average rating / 5
GET IT TOMORROW LEFT
Awaiting stock, pre-order now
Apogee Ensemble 30X34 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Overview By GAK. Apogee
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Launched in 2007, the first Ensemble re-defined the possibilities of the personal studio interface, setting new standards of quality, simplicity and value. Winning that year's TEC Award for Digital Audio Technology, Ensemble went on to become the preferred interface for thousands of hit-making producers, engineers and artists. Now, with 30 years of digital audio expertise and the latest technological innovations, Apogee has re-built Ensemble to introduce the next generation of music creation technology.
- The Lowest Latency of any Audio Interface - Ensemble's proprietary Thunderbolt driver has been written from the ground up for Mac OS X Mavericks, resulting in unmatched performance and efficiency. Latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.1ms round-trip*, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session's DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Ensemble's ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed. To accommodate different workflow preferences, Ensemble features optional direct hardware monitoring through Apogee's Maestro App with 0.6ms of latency.* 96kHz / 32 buffer setting
- Devours Bits, Sips CPU - Ensemble's custom driver includes two innovative features to maximize the performance of the software-hardware interface: a full 32-bit signal path from the output of your DAW straight to the high-performance ESS DAC, and a revolutionary Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine to more efficiently read and write data directly to Mac memory independent of the Mac CPU. The DMA engine, running on Ensemble's hardware logic chip, reads digital audio data directly from your Mac's memory in a 32-bit format, increasing the driver's efficiency and providing the highest resolution signal possible to the DAC stage. This implementation allows the driver to crunch an enormous amount of data at an amazing speed, while making a very light demand on your Mac CPU. You benefit with lower latency, more plug-in power, and a transparent and encompassing listening experience.
- Expanding Your System - Intel's Thunderbolt™ technology was made for connecting multiple high bandwidth peripherals to your Mac. Ensemble includes two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for conveniently connecting hard drive arrays, video capture devices and Thunderbolt monitors with up to 4k resolution from a single port.
- A Difference You Will Hear - Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Quartet, the original Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Ensemble is built solidly on this reputation.
- From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Ensemble is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Ensemble was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
- Measurably Superior A/D Conversion - Ensemble's analog-to-digital conversion stage has been upgraded from previous generations of Apogee products such as Duet and Quartet to provide greater dynamic range, lower distortion and an almost non-existent noise level.
- ESS Sabre32 DAC Technology - ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequalled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.While ESS Sabre32 DAC is widely recognized in the audiophile community as the next step in converter technology, Apogee is one of the first pro audio manufacturers to include this DAC in an interface designed for audio and video professionals. ESS Sabre32 DAC technology, as implemented in Duet 2, Duet for iPad & Mac, Quartet, and Symphony I/O, is one ingredient of the Apogee Engineering Difference. The benefits of the ESS Sabre32 DAC include:
- -32-bit DAC Architecture - Compared to older 24-bit technology, the Sabre32 DAC's 32-bit filter processing results in significantly lower noise and distortion, for a pure listening experience free from artifacts. 32-bit digital attenuation ensures that sonic purity is maintained at any listening level.
- -Time Domain Jitter Elimination removes clock inconsistencies from the incoming digital data, so the converted analog output preserves the clarity and soundstage detail of the original recording.
- Thunderbolt™ 2 Mac audio interface
- Analog-to-digital conversion (ADC) for recording up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Proprietary Thunderbolt audio driver and ESS Sabre32 DAC offer full 32-bit playback- Groundbreaking low latency performance- Core Audio-optimized hardware DMA Engine frees your Mac CPU
- 2 high-resolution OLED displays show levels and settings
- Input select buttons and controller knob for convenient selection of parameters and settings
- 4 assignable buttons to control:- Talkback mic (built-in or external)- Output settings such as speaker set selection, mute, dim, sum to mono
- Complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software
- Works with Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Designed in California - Assembled in the U.S.A.
- Computer: Thunderbolt-equipped Mac (iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.9.3 or greater
- Connection: Any available Thunderbolt port on a Mac
- 3-pin IEC power cable
- Rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Booklet
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency (1.1ms round trip @ 96kHz/32 buffer)
- 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and advanced stepped gain circuit 2 front panel Guitar I/O channels with class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- Built-in talkback microphone with assignable control button
- 2 PurePower headphone outputs
- 10 separately assignable analog inputs
- 16 analog outputs of premium Apogee conversion