Apogee Groove Portable USB DAC & Headphone Amp
The Apogee Groove Overview by GAK
The Apogee Groove is a high portable USB digital audio converter and headphone amplifier. Powered by USB, the Groove features the same ESS Sabre DAC found in Apogee and other high-end converters/digital systems.
The Groove can be used for headphones and studio monitors and offers plenty of power at any impedance. This is due to Apogee's Constant Current Drive which dynamically compensates for the nonlinearities of any connected headphones resulting in lower distortion and improved response. Be amazed by the difference in sound quality GÇô the precise stereo image, punchy bass and stunningly clear high-hats.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- USB 2.0 connection to Mac and PC
- Up to 24 bit / 192kHz audio
- ESS Sabre DAC
- Enhances your iTunes, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal or other music listening experience
- Constant Current Drive provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- Quad Sum DAC, 4 DACs per channel for highest dynamic range and lowest distortion
- Asynchronous clocking
- Multi-color LEDs for status and level indication
- Powered by USB
- Top panel buttons for adjusting volume level and muting
- Compact and portable (95mm L x 30mm W x 16mm H)
- Premium aluminum build quality
- Built in the USA
- Hear Every Detail In Stunning Clarity and Fidelity
- -Whether you're building your FLAC file collection or subscribing to a premium music streaming service, you are investing in a higher quality listening experience. Groove unlocks the full potential of that experience, revealing definition, clarity and details like you have never heard before.
- Work on Your Music Anywhere
- -With professional headphones, your laptop and Groove, you can mix or make music anywhere. Groove's reference quality sound insures you will hear every detail of your project as it would sound in the studio.
- Constant Current Drive - Make any Headphones Sound their Best
- -Groove's Constant Current Drive output stage dynamically compensates for the nonlinearities - acoustic, mechanical or electrical - of any connected headphones, resulting in lower distortion and a more linear frequency response. Whether listening through earbuds or "hi-fi" headphones, you'll discover a new level of fidelity, clarity and detail.
- Quad Sum DAC
- -Groove also features a Quad Sum DAC design which employs four digital-to-analog converters per channel to achieve the highest dynamic range and lowest distortion (THD N) of any device in its class.
- ESS Sabre DAC Technology
- -ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequaled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
- What is a DAC and why is it important?
- -If you're a music lover and you want the best listening experience, one of the key ingredients in the quality of your sound is the digital-to-analog converter or DAC.
- -A DAC takes the digital information on your computer and translates it into analog sound you can hear through your headphones and speakers.
- Not all DACs are created equal
- -Your computer has a DAC built-in, however without a high quality DAC like Groove, you will miss out on much of the subtlety, detail and dimension of music you listen to - regardless of what headphones or speakers you use.
- Recorded by Apogee. Played by Groove.
- -For 30 years Apogee has been an innovator and industry leader in digital audio recording. From rock to classical, hip-hop to country, and reggae to jazz, the world's most successful artists, producers and audio engineers rely on Apogee gear to capture GRAMMY winning recordings. Now, for the first time, Apogee Groove takes this same recording studio technology and makes it available in a simple take-anywhere device dedicated to delivering the ultimate listening experience.