Apogee Jam 96k Professional Guitar Interface
Apogee Jam 96k Professional guitar interface overview from GAK
California based Apogee are industry-leading audio equipment specialists, with a vast armada of highly-regarded products ranging from their legendary Symphony multi-channel audio interface to the petite and innovative 'Groove' headphone amp.
The pocket-sized Jam 96k Guitar Audio Interface is an invaluable tool designed for players on the move. Connect your guitar to an iPad, iPhone or Mac and record high-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio in seconds.
The Jam 96k has a simple plug and play functionality that allows you to get straight to business, use the dial-in gain wheel to precisely adjust your input level to gain the volume you need. Once playing the built-in Class A input delivers a tube amp tone brimming with warmth and backed up with plenty of punch, whether you're marching through a blue's rock rhythm or shredding out a ferocious solo, the Jam 96k will capture every moment in fine detail.
Utilizing Apogee's PureDIGITAL technology, the Jam 96k eliminates noise and delivers what you need, a clean crisp guitar tone ready for laying down. Designed carefully to ensure your guitar, effects and music software sounds as good as it can get.
Always ensure you are correctly connected and don't peak thanks to the Jam 96k's status and level LED indication, three colours displaying connection status, ready status and excessive levels. With a clear and quick flash of the red LED indicator you can quickly and efficiently lower the input gain via the Jam 96k's rotary style gain wheel and resume your playing, safe in the knowledge that your playing will be usable come recording time.
the jam 96k literally fits in the palm of your hand but thankfully, its small size holds no influence on its strength and durability, its nickel plated body is protected with a durable UV finish keeping it safe from structural damage on the road and in the studio. This thing is surprisingly tough!
The Apogee 96k is capable of recording not only guitar but your guitar amp, certain dynamic microphones, electric bass and acoustic guitar. Its small size makes it an ideal companion on the road giving you the ability to lay down and record ideas quickly, with quality good enough to make it to the final mix.
Praise for the Jam 96k:
"JAM is the ultimate A/D in for
"The preamp and converter in this thing are just as good as any high-end-price-tag interface." - Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy)
"The JAM is by far best plug and
- Made for GarageBand & Logic, works with any app - JAM 96k is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro. Its special circuitry is optimized to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the beginner or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM delivers inspiring tone for practicing, recording or just jamming.
- Upgraded sound quality with punchy, tube amp tone emulation
- Up to 24-bit / 96kHz studio HD recording for pristine fidelity
- Built specifically for electric guitar, electric bass and acoustic guitar with a pickup.
- Direct connection with Lightning or 30-pin iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) and USB connection to Mac.
- Works with OS X 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 7 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch