Apogee Quartet for iPad, Mac and PC
Apogee Quartet for iPad, Mac and PC overview from GAK
Named by Apogee as the "ultimate desktop audio interface and studio control centre", the Quartet for iPad, Mac and PC is undoubtedly just that. The California based industry-leading team at Apogee never fail to produce world-renown studio gear and the new Quartet audio interface is a testament to their outstanding reputation.
This superb 8 in x 6 out interface features Apogee's cutting-edge AD/DA conversion technology that produces high-quality 24-bit/196kHz audio. Capture every moment of your session via the Quartet's array of inputs including 4 combination inputs (XLR and 1/4"), 8 digital input channels through two optical connections (ADAT/SMUX) and even a MIDI I/O input to directly connect a coreMIDI keyboard, drum machine, controller and more.
Consistent, transparent recordings are must in the professional environment, that's why the Apogee Quartets Converter and preamp components have been meticulously developed, tested and crafted with the utmost scrutiny. The final product?, AD/DA converters that deliver the cleanest recording and listening experience possible. Preamps featuring the latest state of the art components to provide seamless click-free transitions through a huge gain range of 0-75dB. Compatible with all Condenser, Dynamic and Ribbon microphones, the Quartet can cater for the most abstract of recording requirements. Switchable +48V Phantom power available on both preamp channels allows you to hook up your favourite condenser and even conduct radio-quality interviews if you have a pair of condensers available to you.
The Quartet is equipped with highly regarded ESS Sabre32 DAC converter technology. Primary benefits of this processor include significantly lower distortion and noise levels resulting in the cleanest audio, a result of the ESS Sabre32's 32-bit filter processing, a substantial upgrade the older and more common 24-bit processor found in other interfaces.
Two of the Apogee Quartets most impressive features are its high-resolution OLED display screens. These vivid screens clearly display in colour your input/output levels for headphone, mic/instrument and stereo outputs, whilst also acting as indicators for phantom power, muting, phase and other switchable operations. The Quartets OLED screens provide a clear indication of your recording parameters without the need to refer to your software. Additionally, the Quartet's touchpads allow you to access and take control of crucial input and output levels and monitoring functions whilst the assignable 'A' 'B' and 'C' touchpads gain you quick access to such functions as "Sum to Mono", "Toggle Headphone Source" and more.
Apogee is known to be one of the very first companies to take on and popularise the single controller knob design now found on most modern audio interfaces. The Quartet further develops this now vital key feature with its single aluminium knob that accommodates minute parameter changes and precision adjustments with an ultra smooth action.
Take control of your recordings with the included Maestro software, created specifically as a comprehensive software control application for the Apogee Quartet. A clear and easy to navigate single window interface allows you to adjust with ease the Apogee devises settings, select input type and use a low latency mixer for precise monitoring. Compatible with both Mac and PC with additional iPhone or iPad version available for free from the iStore.
The Apogee Quartet also boasts direct integration with Logic Pro X allowing you to make fine-tune input adjustments directly from the Logic Pro X mixer, alternatively if you have an iOS devise you can remotely control the interface via the Logic Remote App.
Praise for the Quartet:
"I would recommend this interface to any producer or engineer." - Jason Agel (Prince, John Legend)
"The Quartet makes it sound as good as it can possibly sound" - Diplo (Major Lazer, Usher, Bruno Mars, M.I.A)
"The clarity I get from the Quartet is like no other" - Rahki (Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Aloe Blacc)
- The Apogee Quartet main features includes:
- Best-in-class sound quality with Apogee AD/DA converters
- 4 Analog Inputs with world-class mic preamps
- Monitor control - up to 3 speaker sets
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- ADAT/SMUX digital Inputs
- MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
- 8 Analog Outputs: 6 Balanced line outputs, 20 dBu maximum output level and 1 Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touch-pads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touch-pads
- Quartet works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live
- Made in the USA
- Meet Quartet
- The ultimate desktop studio interface and control centre for Mac
- Apogee Quartet is a professional USB audio interface designed to deliver the ultimate desktop recording experience to the Mac-based studio. Featuring 4 inputs and 8 outputs of Apogee's industry-leading AD/DA conversion technology as well as 4 world-class mic preamps, Quartet bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and the 8-channel Apogee Ensemble.
- Complete Connections
- All the I/O you need with room to grow
- Connect up to 4 microphones, instruments, keyboards or line inputs. Plug in your MIDI controller or keyboard. Expand with up to 8 digital inputs. Monitor and mix it all in stereo, with up to 3 sets of speakers or in 5.1 surround. Quartet is the center of the modern studio and will help you take the performance and sound quality of your projects to the next level.
- Total Creative Control
- Simple, powerful and easy to work with
- With its ergonomic, angular design and intuitive user interface, Quartet is inspiring, easy to use and in perfect harmony with your workspace. Dual full-color screens for critical input and output details, QuickTouch pads for easy I/O selection, and a single controller knob to conduct it all, make Quartet the perfect studio control center for your Mac.
- Legendary Sound Quality
- Why Apogee Quartet is the best choice for your studio
- Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Quartet is built solidly on this reputation.
No upgrades available