Apogee Symphony Desktop Audio Interface
Apogee Symphony Desktop Audio Interface
Put the Sound of a Symphony on Your Desktop Symphony Desktop for Mac and Windows packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10x14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin and ultra low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins, Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality Advantage.
A/D CONVERSION - Faithfully capture every nuance Similar to Symphony I/O MkII, Symphony Desktop’s analog-to-digital convertor stage features ultra-low distortion, high-slew rate, fully differential analog op-amps plus a cutting edge A/D convertor in a performance-enhancing dual-sum configuration. Create with the confidence that every nuance of your analog input is faithfully reproduced in the digital domain.
D/A CONVERSION - A widescreen window into your mix Symphony Desktop’s digital-to-analog stage employs brand new technology to provide uncompromising Symphony DAC performance in a portable product, including a robust ultra-low distortion, high-current output driver. Regardless of downstream connections, Symphony Desktop provides a transparent, widescreen window into the sonic landscape of your mix.
MIC PREAMPS - Superior performance At the core of the input stage, are Symphony Desktop’s mic preamps offering up to 75dB of gain. The preamp design features Apogee’s unique Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture which ensures ultra-low noise and distortion regardless of the source, from pounding kick drum to delicate fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar. With variable impedance settings on both mic and instrument inputs, Symphony Desktop optimises the input stage to better match your specific devices, for deep lows and clear highs. Selectable mic preamp emulation adds character, attitude and maybe a bit of grit to your recordings.
British Solid State - Class A console sound Inspired by the Marinar “Round can” input transformer and discrete transistor design of our Class A Neve 1066 mic preamp, this emulation gives you the sonic weight and smooth transient response of the hardware. Push the level for increased width and punch.
American Tube - Lush, 50s tone This emulation offers the lush, larger-than-life sounds of our 50s era Ampex 601 preamp, carefully restored and modded for lower noise and greater dynamic range. We’ve captured the harmonic warmth, richness and high-end sheen of the hardware, plus the “gently overcooked” sound of the overloading circuit.
Symphony ECS Channel Strip Plugin - Tuned by Bob Clearmountain Included with Symphony Desktop is the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin. Tuned by Bob Clearmountain, Symphony ECS includes EQ, Compression and Saturation controls that let you create the optimal blend of channel FX for tracking vocals or acoustic instruments.
Logic Pro X and Symphony Desktop For the ultimate DualPath Link experience Logic Pro X users enjoy the ultimate Apogee FX Rack and DualPath Monitoring experience, thanks to unique hardware-software integration features, such as the Logic Pro X Direct button and Audio Device Control view. And, it can all be controlled from a single window in Logic, no need for an additional mixer or console app.
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine sound quality
- A/D & D/A Resolution up to 24bit/192kHz
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps, up to 75dB of gain, variable impedance
- 1 Instrument input with variable impedance
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling)
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combi (mic/line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (monitor)
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8”
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF)
- Computer connectivity: USB over type C Connector
- Dynamic touch screen display
- Software control: Symphony Desktop Control application
- ○ macOS 10.12 or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
- ○ PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
- Symphony ECS Channel Strip - Native and hardware DSP versions
- ○ EQ
- ○ Compressor
- ○ Saturation
- Symphony Reverb - Native version
- British Solid State
- American Tube
- Symphony Desktop
- 12V DC power supply
- USB Type C to A cable
- USB Type C to C cable
- Quick start guide
No upgrades available