Arturia BeatStep Step Sequencer and Controller
The perfect combination of space-saving, flexible control and an easy-to-master sequencer, BeatStep gives both musicians and producers access to their DAW and exciting news ways of creating sequenced beats and melodies. The perfect precision weapon when it comes to finger drumming and sample triggering, BeatStep lets you unite your hardware and software instruments with its built-in step-sequencer. A streamlined, yet versatile hybrid controller, BeatStep features a rack of pads for programming and performance, transport buttons for playback control in your DAW, and rotary knobs to tweak your sequence. Thanks to its great connections, you can get your outboard synths and drum machines playing perfectly with your DAW, all while being sequenced or synchronized by the BeatStep.
Small enough to work in any setup, but powerful enough to bring a new dimension to your sound. Let BeatStep Black Edition unleash the potential of your setup.
Analog Lab Lite
Imagine conveniently having all the keyboard and synth sounds you need for a gig or session all in one place on your computer. No racks. No stacks.
Analog Lab Lite gives you streamlined, tag-based access to hundreds of the hottest presets from our award-winning V Collection. You’ll be spoilt for choice with 17 faithfully modeled legendary analog synths, digital workstations, organs, string machines and pianos. Each preset automatically maps the most important sound parameters to Arturia controllers for intuitive tweaking and performance control, and you can easily custom map to any other controller via the MIDI Learn feature.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- BeatStep is highly versatile, capable of triggering clips in such applications as Ableton Live, it also allows you to play drums in conjunction with such applications as BFD or EZDrummer.
- BeatStep is also a 16-step analog sequencer for creating all kinds of musical phrases to be sent to analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, MIDI keyboard devices, or computer programs. Its vast connectivity allows you to interface BeatStep with a computer or iPAD using USB, a drum module using MIDI or an analog synthesizer equipped with CV/GATE.
- MIDI controller Mode - RED LED MODE
- Step Sequencer mode - BLUE LED MODE
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 encoders
- 16 MIDI Controller presets
- 16 Sequence presets
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor
- Internal and External clocking
- CV outputs
- USB I/O
- MIDI output
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit)
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC
- Kensington Lock
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor
- USB Class compliant (no drivers)
- BeatStep is designed to give you the control you need whether it is in conjunction with your favorite DAW or loop triggering software, VST Instrument or Effect, Drum software, DJ application, MIDI synth or even CV/GATE equipped analog gear. The possibilities are nearly endless.
- BeatStep fulfills multiple requirements for a wide variety of musicians. It is a true chameleon in that it can become many things to many people. No other compact pad controller on the market offers this level of control along with a step sequencer at such an amazing price.
- Play with any drum software - Beatstep's 16 pads are both pressure and velocity sensitive which means that they allow you to capture the nuances of your performance. Beastep is the perfect control surface for producers and percussionists using iPads or software instruments such as BFD, Kontakt, Live's Drum Rack, EZ Drummer, Addictive Drums, Geist or Reason Kong
- Sequence Analog And Software Syntesizers - BeatStep goes beyond the typical pad controller functions by adding a step sequencer. This opens it up for people who are using either MIDI modules, CV/GATE synths like the MiniBrute or MicroBrute and also to people using plug-ins on their computer via USB. While your sequence is playing switch to Controller mode and use the pads and knobs to enable and disable effects or tweek filters, attack and decay times on plug-ins, etc. BeatStep will allow you to create new ideas and add to your live performances in unlimited ways.
- Enhance Your Live Performances And DJ Sets - Wether you use Ableton Live, Traktor, Serato or any other DJ/clip playback software, the Beatstep pads are perfect for launching samples or enabling effects. The 16 encoders give you lots of possibilities of mapping them to eq's, filters, delays and other performance effects. BeatStep makes a stylish and portable companion to your other DJ control surfaces.
- Control Your MIDI Compatible Gears - Beatstep is the perfect solution for stage performers looking for a solution to send Midi messages and control changes to their hardware gear and workstations. Thanks to the included Midi Control Center, mapping Beatstep to your needs becomes a breeze.
- MIDI CONTROLLER MODE - With 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads, BeatStep is the perfect compact solution for playing percussion. The ultra sensitive pads allow for great dynamic performances. The 16 encoders can be assigned to adjust parameters that allow further real-time control over your drum sounds.
- Add to this the 16 user presets and you can have controller setups for all occasions.
- STEP SEQUENCE MODE - The Step sequence mode turns BeatStep into a completely different product. A step sequencer is the most basic type of music sequencer. They were popular in the 1960's and 70's. They have come back into fashion with the popularity of modular synthesizers. There are examples of step sequencers in our Arp2600 V, Modular V, and Jupiter 8 V software.
- In SEQ mode, the pads and encoders work together to set and enable steps in a sequence and set pitches for each step.
- By simply pressing a pad, it will enable or disable the current step in a melodic pattern. With a few presses, you are creating and changing up musical patterns in real-time.
- BeatStep allows for 16 sequences to be stored in memory and recalled instantly. This allows you to play multiple patterns and create your own songs.
- Setting pitches on a step sequencer can be difficult, to allow you to find the notes you want we added scale modes that quantize the pitches of the encoders to a specific set of notes. This means that instead of having the encoders move up and down chromatically like most step sequencers, you can set BeatStep so that you will only be allowed to pick notes that belong to the scale you want to work in. Look ma, no wrong notes !
- MASSIVE CONECTIVITY IN A LITTLE BOX - BeatStep goes beyond most other MIDI controllers by having many ways to connect to your other gear.
- USB - It features USB Class compliant I/O for using it with your laptop or iPAD. This gives you the control you would expect to have from a pad controller. Control the transports on your favorite DAW, sequence your favorite plug-in, set up the encoders to modulate filters and eq's or mixer channels. All this and more.
- MIDI - BeatStep does not stop where the competition stops however, we added MIDI out as well. You can use the pads to control that old drum module or the drum sounds on your workstation. Use the Step Sequencer mode to bring new life to your MIDI equipped synthesizers. This controller will give you limitless ways to create and be great with no wait, but that's not all, there is also"¦
- CV/GATE - BeatStep has a standard 1 volt per octave CV output as well as a standard 1 volt per octave GATE output. You can directly interface them with our famous MiniBrute or MicroBrute synthesizers. Combining Beatstep's step sequencing capabilities with a modular synth allows for all kinds of hands on control and pattern generation.
- TWO IN ONE AND BOTH AT ONCE - Now it is
No upgrades available
Simple and intuitive. Seriously good value for money.