ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard
ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard
Hydrasynth is the debut eight-voice polyphonic wave morphing synthesizer from Ashun Sound Machines, offering three oscillators per voice and an extremely open ended modulation system. The powerful sound of the instrument is achieved through Analog Modeling and Wavescan synthesis, as well as unique Mutators feature. Hundreds of waveforms can be seamlessly morphed into one another, warped, and mutated resulting in rich, evolving sounds even before entering the filter stage. Speaking of filters, the synth contains two: a classic state-variable 12dB/octave, and a multimode filter with twelve original algorithms, including vocal formant modeling. There are five LFOs with a one-shot mode, and five DAHDSR loopable envelopes with an option to tie each segment to a multiple or division of the BPM value.
The control section of the synthesizer is represented by the four-octave keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch, pitch bend, modwheel, and a large-size assignable ribbon controller. Additionally, there are eight Macro knobs and buttons that can be programmed to control groups of various parameters. The section is complete with a complex arpeggiator.
Hydrasynth has CV/Gate inputs for easy integration with modular synthesizers and other analog instruments. Flexible Mod Matrix with 32 routes per patch introduces an opportunity for extremely complex modulation setups. A comprehensive Randomization system allows you to randomize individual modules in the synth, as well as whole patches. The effects section is equipped with five Delay types, four Reverb types, as well as Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Phaser, Lo-Fi, Tremolo, EQ, and Compressor.
- Eight-voice polyphonic wave scanning synthesizer
- Keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch
- Large ribbon controller for expressive performance control
- OLED displays for waveform visualization and patch editing/performance display
- Endless encoders with LED rings to indicate current parameter values
- Complex arpeggiator with extensive control options
- Eight assignable Macro controls per patch
- Extensive modulation matrix with up to 32 paths
- Three oscillators per voice with 219 selectable waveforms
- Oscillators 1 and 2 offer Wave Scanning between user-definable wave lists
- Four Mutators per voice, allowing FM, several flavors of PWM, Harmonic scanning, Sync, and more
- Open-ended ring modulator and noise section
- Two filters per voice, with parallel or series configurations
- Filter 1 offers 12 distinct types, including LPG and Formant filters
- Filter 2: classic state-variable 12dB/octave morphing filter
- Five looping DAHDSR envelopes with option for relating segment duration to current BPM
- Five complex LFOs
- Integrated delay, reverb, and various modulation effects
- CV & Gate I/O for easy integration into modular synth workflows
- Global & per module randomization and initialization always accessible straight on the front panel
- Easy access to each module's internal parameters via dedicated Module Select buttons
No upgrades available
It's a bit of beast, rock on ASM.
A superb synth. By a great new company. Based out of Hong Kong I believe.