Aston Starlight Condenser Microphone
Aston Product Overview
Aston Microphones has already proved that not only can a British team design some of the best microphones in the world, but they can build them in the UK and make them affordable for everyone too. Within the space of our first year the Aston brand has found global success from the USA to Japan and beyond, and the Aston Origin (Cardioid LDC) and Spirit (MultiPattern LDC) have been nominated for numerous awards, including the prestigious NAMM TEC Award 2017.
We are now proud to unveil the radical, and stunningly beautiful, Aston Starlight...
Aston Starlight is the first ever laser targeting pencil microphone, allowing for recall of mic position in studio use, and incredibly quick and easy set up in live applications. The microphone also showcases Aston’s unique variable voice switching for sound contouring, a nearly indestructible build quality, a signature sintered head and Aston's, now famous, tumbled 100% stainless steel chassis.
Like all Aston microphones, the Starlight features a cardioid capsule hand-picked by a panel of more than 50 top producers during double blind listening tests conducted in 2016.
- Laser-alignment sight for placement accuracy and recording recall
- Sintered metal head - unique & innovative design protects capsule and provides excellent acoustic properties
- Gold-sputtered 20mm capsule, chosen in blind tests by a panel of 50 top producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design
- 1.5mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- 3-position voicing switch: Vintage, Modern and hybrid settings
- Pad switch: -20dB/ -10dB/ 0dB
- 3-position Low-Cut Filter
- Eco-friendly packaging - well-designed, re-usable and recyclable
- Stereo pair comes with full suspension kit including Rycote shock mounts, mounting bar, windscreens & mic clips