Audient ASP800 8 Channel Microphone Preamp
8 Channel Microphone Preamplifier and ADC with HMX & IRON ASP800 is an audio powerhouse designed to transform your sessions into world class recordings, making it the perfect addition to your audio interface. ASP800 provides 8 channels of Audient's renowned console mic preamps, class-leading Burr-Brown converter technology, two JFET D.I's and two Retro channels with revolutionary tone control. Just plug in your mics, guitars, keyboards and drum machines and you're ready to go, so get creative and start thinking big!
Includes £500 worth of plugins and creative software
When you buy any Audient product you will also receive over £500 worth of plugins and creative software with ARC - Audient's creative hub. Included in this offer is Eventide's Ultrachanel and Ultrareverb plugins (£350), Steinberg's Cubase LE and Cubasis LE2 (for iOS), 10 free masters for automated mastering service LANDR (£120) and 2 free courses and a £20 voucher for online audio educators Producertech.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls - HMX & IRON
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs
- ADAT Output for Expandability
- Word Clock Input
- All-Metal Enclosure
- Upgrade your sound. The professional sound you deserve. - Whether you're recording drums or simply need more channels, ASP800 is the perfect tool for expanding your existing interface via ADAT. Its flexible and intuitive feature set will transform your current setup into the complete recording rig, perfectly at home recording both acoustic and electronic instruments.
- We are the only company that use the same Class-A mic pre design throughout our entire product range, whether you're in the studio with an Audient ASP8024 console or on the road with ASP800, you're always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound. Developed by design legend David Dearden and optimised over 18 years, our mic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and smooth tone, the ASP800 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
- We're known for our super clean mic pres but that doesn't mean we don't understand the importance of adding colour. Whether you need to add growl to a bass guitar or make those vocals sparkle, ASP800's revolutionary harmonic generation circuitry has got you covered. Retro Channels 1 & 2 feature two unique variable harmonic COLOUR controls per channel - HMX & IRON. Designed to emulate tones often associated with 1960's tube designs and the coveted transformer zing of British audio in the 1970's, HMX & Iron will add new dimension to your audio by providing warm, sparkly tones. Better still, you can combine them to get anywhere in between!
- We know that plenty of engineers love the sound of tubes/valves and if you're one of them, then you're going to love HMX. Travel back in time with ASP800's very own custom harmonic distortion control. Similar to vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, HMX provides a sweet, thick tone that will sound incredible on anything from drums to electric guitars. (TIP! Try it on bass synth, or 808 too!)
- By using discrete MOSFET technology, HMX produces asymmetrical harmonic distortion giving you the option to add richness and body to the pristine tone of the Audient mic preamp, D.I or line input. Take control of your sound and bring your audio to life, 1960's style.
- Say hello to Audient's BRAND NEW British transformer saturator - IRON. A testament to innovation, IRON uses a custom British transformer with a high voltage MOSFET drive network designed to recreate that sparkly, "sounds like a record" signature of 1970's recording. With one control that simultaneously alters drive impedance, bass response, high frequency damping, phase shift, magnetic saturation and transient shaping - IRON can instantly add sparkle, growl and so much more with one twist of a knob! It sounds killer on snare, bass, acoustic guitar and anything that needs some extra bite.
- ASP800 provides you with high performance 118-dB AD converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. Quality in the analogue stages of our design comes from years of experience as analogue console designers, and when coupled with outstanding converter technology it enables you to hear audio as it's supposed to sound. The importance of converters should never be underestimated.
- The result of years of experience in analogue design combined with a focus on precision and detail, ASP800 packs a powerful feature set in a ergonomic 1RU rack mount. From it's beautifully crafted hand milled aluminium knobs to its all-metal construction, ASP800 will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.