Audient ASP800 8 Channel Microphone Preamp
Audient ASP800 8 Channel Microphone Preamp overview by GAK
The Audient ASP800 is an invaluable piece of studio kit for those wanting to expand their recording arsenal. Transform your audio interface into a recording behemoth, with the ASP800's 8 channels of console mic preamps and ultra high-quality Burr Brown© 118-dB AD converters. Grow your studio and expand your recording capabilities, record drums, live bands and more by increasing your available channels, all with the professional and class-leading ASP800.
The ASP800's Audient Mic Pre's offer a wide gain range of 0-70dB with an ultra-low noise floor (30,000 times quieter than the signal level) reducing distortion and interference. A wide bandwidth and transformer-less RF input result in high-detail resolution, offering a "faithful reproduction of the source with just enough character to give the signal some character"
Audient team up with converter technology leaders Bill Burr© to equip the ASP800 with high performance 118-dB AD converters, eliminating distortion, crosstalk and poor clocking. Handpicked by Audient after extensive listening tests.
The ASP800 comes equipped with two retro channels featuring Audients own Harmonic Mofset Saturator and Vintage Transformer Drive. HMX's custom harmonic distortion control emulates the vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, adding a clear sub to your kick, body to your snare or rich harmonic to your vocals with the thick tone of an old tube mic. Additionally, the Vintage Transformer Drive (IRON) provides punch to your kicks, snap to your snares and provides airlift and smooth out the mid-range of vocals. Just some of the recording applications of these versatile and game-changing controls.
Utilise guitar, bass, piano and more thanks to the ASP800's two front-facing JFET D.I inputs, designed to recreate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier.
The ASP800's all-metal shell and hand-milled aluminium knobs make it incredibly robust, accommodating vigorous use in the studio and movement with the travelling musician.
New to Audients range, the iD22 also comes complete with their new creative hub ARC. Exclusive to Audient customers, ARC gives you access to a vast array of software worth over 500GBP when you register your product. This amazing offer includes industry-giant software and plugins such as Cubase LE + LE2, Eventide plugins (worth over 350GBP), 10 free LANDR masters (worth over 120USD) and even two free Producertech courses and a 20GBP voucher to help you develop your skills via their comprehensive online courses
- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls - HMX & IRON
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs
- ADAT Output for Expandability
- Word Clock Input
- All-Metal Enclosure
- Upgrade your sound. The professional sound you deserve. - Whether you're recording drums or simply need more channels, ASP800 is the perfect tool for expanding your existing interface via ADAT. Its flexible and intuitive feature set will transform your current setup into the complete recording rig, perfectly at home recording both acoustic and electronic instruments.
- We are the only company that use the same Class-A mic pre design throughout our entire product range, whether you're in the studio with an Audient ASP8024 console or on the road with ASP800, you're always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound. Developed by design legend David Dearden and optimised over 18 years, our mic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and smooth tone, the ASP800 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
- We're known for our super clean mic pres but that doesn't mean we don't understand the importance of adding colour. Whether you need to add growl to a bass guitar or make those vocals sparkle, ASP800's revolutionary harmonic generation circuitry has got you covered. Retro Channels 1 & 2 feature two unique variable harmonic COLOUR controls per channel - HMX & IRON. Designed to emulate tones often associated with 1960's tube designs and the coveted transformer zing of British audio in the 1970's, HMX & Iron will add new dimension to your audio by providing warm, sparkly tones. Better still, you can combine them to get anywhere in between!
- We know that plenty of engineers love the sound of tubes/valves and if you're one of them, then you're going to love HMX. Travel back in time with ASP800's very own custom harmonic distortion control. Similar to vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, HMX provides a sweet, thick tone that will sound incredible on anything from drums to electric guitars. (TIP! Try it on bass synth, or 808 too!)
- By using discrete MOSFET technology, HMX produces asymmetrical harmonic distortion giving you the option to add richness and body to the pristine tone of the Audient mic preamp, D.I or line input. Take control of your sound and bring your audio to life, 1960's style.
- Say hello to Audient's BRAND NEW British transformer saturator - IRON. A testament to innovation, IRON uses a custom British transformer with a high voltage MOSFET drive network designed to recreate that sparkly, "sounds like a record" signature of 1970's recording. With one control that simultaneously alters drive impedance, bass response, high frequency damping, phase shift, magnetic saturation and transient shaping - IRON can instantly add sparkle, growl and so much more with one twist of a knob! It sounds killer on snare, bass, acoustic guitar and anything that needs some extra bite.
- ASP800 provides you with high performance 118-dB AD converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. Quality in the analogue stages of our design comes from years of experience as analogue console designers, and when coupled with outstanding converter technology it enables you to hear audio as it's supposed to sound. The importance of converters should never be underestimated.
- The result of years of experience in analogue design combined with a focus on precision and detail, ASP800 packs a powerful feature set in a ergonomic 1RU rack mount. From it's beautifully crafted hand milled aluminium knobs to its all-metal construction, ASP800 will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.
No upgrades available