Audient ASP880 8 Channel Microphone Preamplifier and ADC
Audient ASP880 8 Channel Mic Preamp and ADC Overview By GAK.
The Audient ASP880 is an 8 channel mic preamp & ADC designed to transform your sessions into professional, top quality recordings. This could be the greatest edition to your recording setup. The Audient ASP880 gives you eight of Audient's world renowned preamps found on their flagship consoles, outstanding pristine converters and an extremely flexible feature set that gives you Variable Impedance and Variable HPF (high pass filter). All of these features have been condensed into a convenient 1U rack.
Includes £500 worth of plugins and creative software
When you buy any Audient product you will also receive over £500 worth of plugins and creative software with ARC - Audient's creative hub. Included in this offer is Eventide's Ultrachanel and Ultrareverb plugins (£350), Steinberg's Cubase LE and Cubasis LE2 (for iOS), 10 free masters for automated mastering service LANDR (£120) and 2 free courses and a £20 voucher for online audio educators Producertech.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 8 Audient Console Mic Pres
- All new, Burr Brown AD converter technology
- Variable Input Impedance
- Variable High Pass Filters
- 8 Insert points between the mic preamps and AD converters
- 2 Channels of Class-A Discrete JFET D.I instrument inputs
- Digital Outputs - ADAT, AES & S/PDIF
- World Class Mic Preamps - Audient's renowned Class-A, console mic pre outshines the competition and gives you the same sonic quality of products costing three or four times the price. Capture the detail and excitement of your audio sources, all with a hint of analogue colouration that will sound stunning on any project!
- Developed by design legend David Dearden, our mic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and accurate translation, the ASP880 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
- Pristine Converter Technology - ASP880 provides you with the highest grade converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. The integral ADC guarantees you will have the best conversion possible. This isn't just the best converter in a mic pre either, it stands up against dedicated converters too. You can focus on the music and let ASP880 take care of the rest.
- Plug n Play - As well as offering you 8 channels of mic pre and line inputs, ASP880 has two sonically accurate discrete JFET DI inputs, so you can plug your guitar or bass straight in.
- Take Control - Bring your outboard in from the cold
- -Ever wanted to add compression or EQ to your signal before going to the computer? Well with ASP880 you can. Simply insert any analogue processor before the converters - it's as easy as that!
- -The A-D button allows ASP880 to function as an 8 channel mic pre while you use the converters separately in stand-alone mode.
- -Say Goodbye to Pesky Low frequencies
- -Lose those unwanted low frequencies with a simple to use variable high-pass filter. The result is a clean, ready to record signal.
- -Wrap it up with a ribbon
- -If you're partial to the character of ribbon mics, then ASP880 is made for you. Variable impedance allows you to match the pre to your favourite ribbon mic. Retain the punch and frequency response the mic was born with. It also works on your other mics, just more subtly.
- Built to Last - ASP880 has been designed to last, its all-metal construction and hand milled aluminium knobs will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road. All this in 1RU!
- MIC GAIN - -10 to 60dB (-10dB Pad)
- LINE GAIN - -16 to 44dB (-10dB Pad)*
- PHANTOM POWER - 48v /-4v @ 10mA/Channel
- MIC EIN - <-127.5dBu
- CMRR - >80dB @ 100 to 10kHz
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL - 22dBu ( 32dBu with Pad)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - Mic LO: 200O Balanced Mic MED: 1k4O Balanced Mic HI: 3k6O Balanced Line (All Z): >10kO Balanced
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - /-0.5dB 10Hz to 100kHz
- CROSSTALK - <-85dBu @ 1kHz & 10kHz
- THD N @ 0dBu (1kHz) - 0.003% (-90.5dBu)
- SNR - >90dB
- HPF - Sweepable from 25Hz to 250 Hz, 2nd Order (12dB/Octave)
- XLR - Pin 2 (Hot), Pin 3 (Cold) & Pin 1 (Shield)
- 1/4" JACK - TIP (Hot), RING (Cold) & SLEEVE (Shield)