Audient ASP880 8 Channel Microphone Preamp/ADC
Audient ASP880 8 Channel Microphone Preamplifier and ADC overview by GAK
The Audient ASP880 is an essential piece of kit for those looking to expand their studio setup to accommodate larger recording requirements. Transform your audio interface into a recording behemoth, with the ASP880's 8 channels of world renown console mic preamps and all new Burr Brown© AD converter technology.
The ASP880's Audient Mic Pre's offer a wide gain range of 0-70dB with an ultra-low noise floor (30,000 times quieter than the signal level) reducing distortion and interference. A wide bandwidth and transformer-less RF input result in high-detail resolution, offering a "faithful reproduction of the source with just enough character to give the signal some character"
Audient team up with converter technology leaders Bill Burr© to equip the ASP880 with an integral ADC sporting high performance 118-dB AD converters, eliminating the negative impacts of distortion, poor clocking, crosstalk and more, commonly caused by low-quality converters. These factors greatly effect mix decisions and lower the overall quality of your audio. With the Audient ASP880, these worries are a distant memory.
Together with the ASP880's 8 channels of mic pre, you will find two JFET D.I inputs ready to receive your guitar, bass, keys and drum machines utilising a design that "replicates the input stage of a classic valve amplifier".
Get the very best sound from your microphones and quickly and efficiently remove unwanted lower frequencies thanks to the ASP880's Variable Impedance and Variable High Pass Filter included on every mic pre-channel. Variable impedance ensures your microphones frequency response and punch is retained whilst the variable high pass filter reduces proximity effect and allows you to remove frequencies between 25Hz and 250Hz quickly and easily.
New to Audients range, the iD22 also comes complete with their new creative hub ARC. Exclusive to Audient customers, ARC gives you access to a vast array of software worth over 500GBP when you register your product. This amazing offer includes industry-giant software and plugins such as Cubase LE + LE2, Eventide plugins (worth over 350GBP), 10 free LANDR masters (worth over 120USD) and even two free Producertech courses and a 20GBP voucher to help you develop your skills via their comprehensive online courses.
- 8 Audient Console Mic Pres
- All new, Burr Brown AD converter technology
- Variable Input Impedance
- Variable High Pass Filters
- 8 Insert points between the mic preamps and AD converters
- 2 Channels of Class-A Discrete JFET D.I instrument inputs
- Digital Outputs - ADAT, AES & S/PDIF
- World Class Mic Preamps - Audient's renowned Class-A, console mic pre outshines the competition and gives you the same sonic quality of products costing three or four times the price. Capture the detail and excitement of your audio sources, all with a hint of analogue colouration that will sound stunning on any project!
- Developed by design legend David Dearden, our mic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and accurate translation, the ASP880 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
- Pristine Converter Technology - ASP880 provides you with the highest grade converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. The integral ADC guarantees you will have the best conversion possible. This isn't just the best converter in a mic pre either, it stands up against dedicated converters too. You can focus on the music and let ASP880 take care of the rest.
- Plug n Play - As well as offering you 8 channels of mic pre and line inputs, ASP880 has two sonically accurate discrete JFET DI inputs, so you can plug your guitar or bass straight in.
- Take Control - Bring your outboard in from the cold
- -Ever wanted to add compression or EQ to your signal before going to the computer? Well with ASP880 you can. Simply insert any analogue processor before the converters - it's as easy as that!
- -The A-D button allows ASP880 to function as an 8 channel mic pre while you use the converters separately in stand-alone mode.
- -Say Goodbye to Pesky Low frequencies
- -Lose those unwanted low frequencies with a simple to use variable high-pass filter. The result is a clean, ready to record signal.
- -Wrap it up with a ribbon
- -If you're partial to the character of ribbon mics, then ASP880 is made for you. Variable impedance allows you to match the pre to your favourite ribbon mic. Retain the punch and frequency response the mic was born with. It also works on your other mics, just more subtly.
- Built to Last - ASP880 has been designed to last, its all-metal construction and hand milled aluminium knobs will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road. All this in 1RU!
- MIC GAIN - -10 to 60dB (-10dB Pad)
- LINE GAIN - -16 to 44dB (-10dB Pad)*
- PHANTOM POWER - 48v /-4v @ 10mA/Channel
- MIC EIN - <-127.5dBu
- CMRR - >80dB @ 100 to 10kHz
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL - 22dBu ( 32dBu with Pad)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - Mic LO: 200O Balanced Mic MED: 1k4O Balanced Mic HI: 3k6O Balanced Line (All Z): >10kO Balanced
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - /-0.5dB 10Hz to 100kHz
- CROSSTALK - <-85dBu @ 1kHz & 10kHz
- THD N @ 0dBu (1kHz) - 0.003% (-90.5dBu)
- SNR - >90dB
- HPF - Sweepable from 25Hz to 250 Hz, 2nd Order (12dB/Octave)
- XLR - Pin 2 (Hot), Pin 3 (Cold) & Pin 1 (Shield)
- 1/4" JACK - TIP (Hot), RING (Cold) & SLEEVE (Shield)
No upgrades available