Audio-Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone
Audio-Technica AT 2020 Product Overview by GAK
The Audio-Technica AT 2020 is a side-address, studio condenser microphone intended for vocal and general instrument recording in project and professional studio environments.
Built with a low mass diaphragm which extends the frequency response and works to off a superior transient response. With a full 20Hz-20kHz bandwidth with only a slight dip centred around 70Hz and a very gentle presence hump between 5kHz and 15kHz.
The pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone.
The AT2020 is built to the same standard as Audio-Technica's more expensive microphones.
The Audio-Technica's stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass, 16mm diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease.
The Audio-Technica AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- Stand mount for 5/8 inch-27 threaded stands; 5/8 inch-27 to 3/8 inch-16 threaded adapter and soft protective pouch included with this microphone
What a great mic, robust, and sounds great, using just one of these to capture my drum kit.
Great value mic.
Excellent mic. I use this mostly for recording vocals (for songs) but have also placed it in front of an amp for electric guitar recording. The quality of the vocal recording is superb, I record onto Reaper using an Audient ID4 interface and am very happy with the quality; its crystal clear, yet warm at the same time, and picks up all frequencies well; the quality of the electric guitar recording is also excellent. A gem of a buy and has exceeded my expectations, especially for the price.
I used this last night for a singer/songwriter broadcast. Very pleased with the sound.
Great sounding mic, and is not too expensive but doesn't sound entry level if mixed correctly.