Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Monitor Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Monitor Headphones overview from GAK
The ATH-M50X headphones are the most critically acclaimed model in Audio-Technica's M-Series line. The ATH-M50X's are highly praised by professional studio engineers and producers all over the globe.
The Audio Technica ATH-M50X's boast 45mm drivers featuring rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium voice coils, offering superb clarity throughout an extended frequency range that offers crystal-clear highs and deep accurate bass response.
When wearing the ATH-M50X's, they feel comfortable and highly isolating, featuring a circumaural design that contours around the ears and block out surrounding noise with ease, leaving you to concentrate on your audio. Furthermore, the earcups have a 90-degree swivelling action making them ideal for one-ear monitoring or DJing scenarios.
The Earpad and headband material is spongy and features professional-grade material that remains comfortable even after long periods of wear time.
The ATH-M50X also features a 1.2 - 3.0 m coiled cable, as well as a 3.0 m straight cable and additional 1.2 m straight cable so the headphones can be applied in a number of different environments.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90Â° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (3 cables included)
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
- Max Input Power: 1,600 mW @ 1KHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Folding/collapsible: Yes
- Weight: 10 oz (284 g) without cable/connector
- Cable - Detachable: Yes
- Cable Includes: 1.2m-3m coiled, 3m straight, 1.2m straight cables
- Connector: Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief
- Accessories included: Screw-on 1/4" adapter, pouch
A good even response, comfortable and have a quality feel to them.
They sound as good as the reviews suggested. Detachable cables slightly fiddly.
Very Good Listening. I am not a technical person, but the sound is excellent, ambient sounds are almost not heard at all and the 3 leads supplied will cover all applications fo me.