Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Monitor Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Monitor Headphones overview from GAK
The ATH-M50X headphones are the most critically acclaimed model in Audio-Technica's M-Series line. The ATH-M50X's are highly praised by professional studio engineers and producers all over the globe.
The Audio Technica ATH-M50X's boast 45mm drivers featuring rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium voice coils, offering superb clarity throughout an extended frequency range that offers crystal-clear highs and deep accurate bass response.
When wearing the ATH-M50X's, they feel comfortable and highly isolating, featuring a circumaural design that contours around the ears and block out surrounding noise with ease, leaving you to concentrate on your audio. Furthermore, the earcups have a 90-degree swivelling action making them ideal for one-ear monitoring or DJing scenarios.
The Earpad and headband material is spongy and features professional-grade material that remains comfortable even after long periods of wear time.
The ATH-M50X also features a 1.2 - 3.0 m coiled cable, as well as a 3.0 m straight cable and additional 1.2 m straight cable so the headphones can be applied in a number of different environments.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90Â° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (3 cables included)
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
- Max Input Power: 1,600 mW @ 1KHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Folding/collapsible: Yes
- Weight: 10 oz (284 g) without cable/connector
- Cable - Detachable: Yes
- Cable Includes: 1.2m-3m coiled, 3m straight, 1.2m straight cables
- Connector: Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief
- Accessories included: Screw-on 1/4" adapter, pouch
No upgrades available
Bought these headphones last year as a birthday present. They are brilliant! Just had to buy another pair for myself. I can’t imagine any audiophile not being happy with this quality at such a great price.
Had the original version of these. The plastic is a bit lighter / cheaper than the originals but sound quality just as good
I'm no expert on monitoring headphones, but I'm very happy with the detail these reveal compared with my open backed Grado SR60s .
I use them for music recording, gaming, listening to music... Best headphones I ever owned.