Audix DP7 Drum Microphone Set Overview
Audix DP7 Drum Microphone Set
The DP7 represents an outstanding combination of seven microphones designed to meet the demands of today's professional drummer, both on the stage and in the studio.
Included in the DP7 drum mic package is the D6, Audix's flagship kick drum mic, two- D2's for rack toms, one D4 for floor tom, the i5 for snare, and a pair of ADX51s for overhead miking. Also included are four D-Vice rim mount clips for the snare and tom mics, and three heavy duty tension fit mic clips for the other three mics. Everything is conveniently packaged in a foam-lined aluminium carrying case road case for safe keeping when the mics are not in use.
- D6 - Kick Drum
- - The D6 has a frequency response of 30Hz-15kHz and is characterized with a cardioid pick-up pattern. The D6 is designed to sound good in any position and it is not dependent on finding the "sweet spot" of the drum. The D6 capsule features the same legendary VLM technology that has made the D series percussion and instrument microphones very popular for today's live stages and recording studios.
- i5 - Snare
- - The i5 has the ability to capture the rich, deep resonance of the snare along with the attack necessary to cut through the mix. The i5's cardioid polar pattern allows it to focus on the specific instrument that is being miked while rejecting other instruments or ambient noise on stage. With a smooth and uniform frequency response of 50 Hz-16 kHz and an ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB, the i5 can be also used for a wide variety of instrument applications including percussion, guitar cabs, and vocals.
- D2(two) - Rack Toms,
- - For bringing out the real, dynamic sound of toms or congas, the D2 cannot be beat. The D2 accurately reproduces the warmth and overtones of the instrument without sounded harsh or boomy. The D2, which is very natural and articulate, requires very little (if any) EQ, and because of the tight hypercardioid polar pattern, no gating is needed.
- D4 - Floor Tom
- - The D4, which provides an additional octave of low end response beyond the D2, is the perfect companion for large toms and other instruments characterized with extended bass frequencies. In fact, the D4 responds down to below 40 Hz, a remarkable feat for a microphone of the this size and performance. versatility. The D4 is characterized witha flat linear response from 40 Hz - 18 kHz making it the most versatile of all the D-series microphones.
- ADX51 (two) - Overheads
- - The ADX51 is a pre-polarized condenser microphone designed to handle nuances of recording as well as the rigors of live sound. Characterized with extended highs, excellent imaging, and high SPL capabilities, the ADX51 can be used for cymbals, high-hat, and acoustic instruments. The ADX51 also features a -10dB pad and bass roll-off filter, making it extremely useful for a wide variety of applications.
- 1 x D6 for kick drum
- 1 x i5 for snare
- 2 x D2s for toms
- 1 x D4 for floor tom
- 2 x ADX51s for overheads
- All-in-one solution for miking drums
- Instrument-specific mics for optimal results
- Rugged Audix quality
- Great for stage and studio
- Dflex clips for easy positioning
- Road case
Stagg SMC3 XLR Microphone Cable 3m/10ft, Black
Stagg SMC6 XLR Microphone Cable 6m/20ft, Black
Stagg SMC10 XLR Microphone Cable 10m/33ft, Black
Stagg SMC6 RD XLR Microphone Cable 6m/20ft, Red Ring
Dunlop 5010SI Mic Stand Pick Holder, 7in
D'Addario PW-CT-12 NS Micro Headstock Tuner
Stagg NMC Microphone Cable, 3m/10ft NMC3R
Hercules MH101B Quick-N-EZ Microphone Clip
Stagg NMC6R 6m XLR to XLR Microphone Cable