Austrian Audio CC8 Stereo Set
Austrian Audio CC8 Stereo Set
Design evolves new technology and materials; new ideas; new thinkers; new users. Austrian Audio has created a microphone ready for modern recording applications yet with the timeless sonic character appreciated by all. The CC8 cardioid, true condenser, the small-diaphragm microphone is hand-built in Vienna and created with professionals in mind.
At the heart of the Austrian Audio CC8 microphone beats the newly-developed OCC7 condenser capsule. Inspired by the legendary CK1, the OCC7 delivers all the benefits of that classic design updated to meet the demands of today. Shaped by the past; built for the future.
The capsule’s 3 micron-thick, gold-coated, polyethene naphthalate (PEN) diaphragm is much more robust than conventional Mylar alternatives. The fabric filter ensures constant broadband cancellation, attenuating sound coming from the sides and rear, resulting in outstanding cardioid characteristics.
The OCC7 capsule and transformerless output give the CC8 a remarkably linear frequency response, handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL) of up to 156 dB. Combined with a very low self-noise of only 16 dB(A), this results in an exceptional dynamic range.
The CC8 sounds natural and open without becoming harsh or spiky, even at extreme volumes. The mids and highs are silky smooth, never exaggerated.
The CC8 excels in capturing the fast transient and spatial information required for an accurate recording. Small-diaphragm microphones are particularly popular for the detailed recording of various acoustic instruments found in classical ensembles and jazz formations, such as stringed instruments, woodwinds and brass, and orchestral percussion, in addition, instruments found in all genres like acoustic guitar, piano, snares, hi-hat, and entire drum sets (when used as overheads).
The CC8’s small dimensions allow targeted positioning even in tight and difficult places, both in the studio and on stage.
Thanks to the inbuilt switchable attenuation (0 dB, -10 dB, and -20 dB) the microphone can be positioned very close to loud sound sources such as trumpets without fear of distortion. Rumble and impact noise are effectively eliminated with the switchable high-pass filter at 60 Hz/120 Hz (2nd order).
With quieter sources (for example, a soft stringed instrument or a voice) the CC8’s low self-noise comes into its own, and the nuances of the performance are captured with outstanding detail and clarity.
Before leaving the factory, each microphone is measured and tuned (in our special in-house anechoic chamber) to a tolerance of max. +/- 0.5 dB sensitivity at 1 kHz. This means that any CC8 can be match-paired with any other, regardless of production dates.
- Out-of-the box match paired with any other CC8 due to factory calibration (+/-0,5dB @1kHz)
- Best-in-class off-axis response
- True condenser technology
- Transformer-less design—classic sound using modern tech
- High precision cardioid pattern
- Metal housing, cap, and grille
- A switchable high-pass filter
- Pads (0, -10 dB, -20 dB) to enable to pick up sound up to 156dB
- Includes 2x CC8 Microphones, 2x OCH8 Mic clip 18mm, 2x CCW8 Windscreen, 1x SB1 Stereo Bar, 1x Carry Case
- Directional characteristic Cardioid
- Frequency range 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity 15 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level 16 dB SPL (A)
- Max. SPL 156 dB SPL
- HP filter 60Hz (2nd order), 120 Hz (2nd order)
- Switchable pad -10 dB, -20 dB
- Impedance 275 Ω (symmetrical)
- Load impedance > 1 kΩ
- Supply voltage 48 V (< 3 mA)
- Main Connector XLR 3 pin
- Dimensions 140 x 23 x 23 mm
- Weight 160 g
No upgrades available