Austrian Audio OC818 Live Set
Austrian Audio OC818 Live Set
Multipattern Dual Output Condenser Microphone with world’s first optional wireless Control
Live Set includes a pair of OC818 multi-pattern condenser microphones (like any two OC18/OC818 these are a matched pair), two windshields and two mic clips.
Handmade CKR12 ceramic capsule, made to same critical dimensions as the best legacy CK12 capsules we could find, measure, and record.Dual Outputs and Polar Designer Plug-In If both capsules are recorded to a stereo or dual-mono track, our free and Open Source PolarDesigner plug-in (Mac/Win: VST, AU & AAX) will allow for unprecedented control and tailoring of polar patterns between 1 and 5 bands with selectable crossover points during the mix process.
Bluetooth Adaptor and Polar Pilot App The OC818 is also the first multi-patterned microphone to feature the world’s first wireless pattern and switching control via an optional transmitter/receiver (OCR8) that can be fitted to the rear of the microphone. This unique feature allows for a previously unheard of 255 discrete polar patterns between figure-of-eight, through all of the cardioid versions and into omnidirectional. The free control software, PolarPilot, will be available for iOS and Android. This all occurs in the analogue domain and there is no processing or conversion of the mic’s signal to digital.
CKR12 Ceramic Capsule At the heart of our revolutionary OC818 and OC18 is an equally passionate commitment to sound and engineering excellence. Each of these Large Diaphragm Condenser (LDC) microphones has a handcrafted Austrian Audio CKR12 ceramic capsule as its heart. There are very few people that can design, let alone construct, a classic edge-terminated capsule. There is also the question of building them by hand in Europe.
- Multipattern Dual Output Condenser Microphone with World’s First optional wireless control
- Handmade CKR12 ceramic capsule, made to same critical dimensions as the best legacy CK12 capsules we could find, measure, and record
- Multiple polar patterns
- Microprocessor control of polarization voltages
- 2 different analogue high-pass filters with 3 settings 2
- different types of analogue pads
- Dual outputs for recording each diaphragm separately
- Debuts Austrian Audio’s Open Acoustics Technology
- Handmade in Vienna
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 275 Ohms (2x)
- Sensitivity (all directions): 13mV/Pa
- Supply voltage: 48V (<4ma)
- save, recall, and share favourite settings
- Discover and create 255 discrete polar patterns. Unheard of!
- one setting may be stored in OC818 for use without PolarPilot app
- Your OC818 is always pure analog. It is only the analog bias voltages that are being governed remotely. Switching also is always analog.
- No digital in either the audio or bias paths. It’s everything you want with none of what you don’t.
- 60 second OC818 clipping monitor/logger
- Wireless control from the comfort of your chair!
- Our free PolarPilot app (Android and iOS) allows wireless control over your analog: patterns, high-pass and pad in real-time via BlueTooth!
- design the polar pattern of your dreams
- craft different polar pattern responses across 1-5 crossover bands
- store, recall, and share presets
- powerful Terminator AI for eliminating or rescuing selected frequencies and instruments
- Equalization control for imprinting the tonality of free- field or diffuse-field idealized responses.
- solo/mute each band
- full automation of course
- phase linear
- optimized for use with the OC818 in Dual Output mode but works with any dual output source
- Excellent for busy sessions (we’re looking at you, Nashville!) tune instrument pickup during the mix stage!
No upgrades available