Avantone BV12 Multi-Pattern FET Condenser Microphone
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
The Buttercream AVANTONE (B-series) mics are their go-to premium products designed to compete with high-end studio mics, offering a truly professional performance and a guarantee of studio-grade quality. They are capable of meeting or achieving superior performance to many mics on the market, priced a lot higher!
The Avantone BV12 is a superb sounding and undoubtedly great looking mic, with a design, character and performance comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's and 1960's... at a fraction of the cost!
The BV12 has a body and capsule precision machined from brass. Featuring an elegant baked-on buttercream finish accompanied by a polished nickel trim and grill, with transformer coupled tube circuitry that originated from famous European vintage designs.
It has been meticulously manufactured using the finest of materials, offering a robust feel with excellent structural integrity and ensured reliability. The versatile AVANTONE BV-12 mic can achieve exceptional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character, making the BV12 a potential go-to vocal mic in any studio.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount allows for precise positioning and isolation, reducing outside influences such as vibration and helps to provides you with a natural, unaffected recording. 9-Pattern Tube Microphone with dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies.
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Polar Pattern(s): 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1 Power Supply
- Capsule: Dual-sided 34mm edge-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- S/N Ratio: re 1Pa 78dB
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)< 16 dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special power supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1 Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Included Accessories:
- -Wood Box
- -7-pin cable
- -Tweed Road Case
- -PS-1 Power Supply
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Buttercream Body
- Military grade -10dB pad and 80Hz roll off switches.
- "Hand Selected" Russian made 6072A tube.
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
- The versatile BV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- The PS-1 power supply offers access not only to the above OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE-8 patterns but also 6 "in-between" settings. Most vocals will be best suited to Cardioid pattern but you may experiment to satisfy yourself. The omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room mic usage.
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
- Uses Include: Studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, piano, room mic, etc...
- Standard Items Supplied:
- -Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone
- -Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- -Avantone PS-1 Multi-Pattern Power Supply
- -Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- -Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- -Handcrafted wood side, tweed travel case
- -Owners Manual