Avantone CR14 Ribbon Microphone
The Avantone "Cabernet (C-series)" mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CR-14 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the very finest Ribbon mics...but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CR-14 microphone body and inner assembly parts are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and a black grill. The CR-14 has a unique, "retro" body design.
The transformer coupled output will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CR-14 as a guitar cabinet, room mic, drum overheads, vocal mic or utility room mic due to its versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CR-14 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The CR-14's dual, low-mass ribbon element which enables a much better sensitivity rating than most single ribbon designs. This design lends to fast and accurate transient response, ultra-high 148 dB SPL capability, and overall stunning realism. It has a figure-8 audio directionality (pickup) pattern via front and rear, with extended sweet spots (as compared to Large Diaphragm condenser mics & single ribbon designs).
The CR-14 has very low residual noise, with no internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion. It also requires no power supply.
- Type: Ribbon Microphone
- Polar Pattern(s): Figure of 8
- Ribbon: Dual Ribbon / Pure Aluminum / 35mm x 5mm / 2 microns thick
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 15kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=600 Ohms
- Recommended Load: Impedance 3000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -52 dBv +/- 2dB Re. (0dB=1V/Pa)
- S/N Ratio: 70dB re 1Pa
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 145dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin
- Power Requirement: None
- Included Accessories:
- -Padded Wooden Box
- -Metal road case
- Dimensions: 1.45" (37mm) x 6.89" (175mm)
- Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 16 oz (496 grams)
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body
- Uses Include: Miking guitar amps & cabinets, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, vocals, room mic, etc...
- Standard Items Supplied:
- -Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone
- -Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic bands
- -Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- -Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- -Owners Manual
No upgrades available