Behringer Single-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone B-5
Behringer Product Overview
The single-diaphragm B-5 microphone is a home recording enthusiast’s dream come true! The B-5 comes with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules, making it a fantastic all-purpose condenser microphone. It is designed to capture your sounds with incredible realism, sensitivity and accuracy, and is perfect for acoustic instruments, vocals and overhead miking – and rugged enough to go the distance! With a heavy duty suspension mount and windscreen included in the sleek aluminium case, the B-5 just may be the only microphone your studio will need.
Condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. They are the primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations. The B-5 mic is capable of capturing much more detail than most dynamic microphones because of its wider and flatter frequency response. Another difference between condenser and dynamic mics is they contain active circuitry that requires phantom power (+48 V) for operation. You can power your B-5 using any phantom power equipped BEHRINGER XENYX mixer – plus enjoy the benefits of our state-of the-art XENYX mic preamps.
The B-5 is an affordable, high-quality way to put a gold-sputtered diaphragm condenser mic to work for you. It comes with two interchangeable capsules: omnidirectional for picking up sound on all sides of the mic, and cardiod for picking up the source signal while shunning off -axis sound. With its excellent transducer and gold-plated XLR output, the B-5 is very neutral sounding and truly delivers on the promise of noise-free transmission. It also features a switchable -10 dB attenuator to capture high-volume signal sources without distorting, as well as a low-cut filter to eliminate infrasonics caused by floor rumble and other turbulence.
The B-5 condenser microphone is designed to be your go-to studio mic for many years to come. The tough, die-cast metal body can withstand the rigours of all those late-night recording marathons – and the included carrying case ensures your B-5 always travels in safety and style.
- Modular System - An omni-directional and cardioid capsule provides the flexibility needed for capturing audio in any application
- -10 dB attenuator switch can be used with high volume signal sources
- Great for Acoustic Instruments, voice and overheads
- Wide frequency response results in accurate detail, no matter the signal source.
- Low-cut filter eliminates floor rumble
- Transducer: True Condenser 18mm (0.71 inch) single diapragm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid or Omni-directional exchangeable capsules
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Cardioid: 78dB A-weighted, Omni-directional: 76dB A-weighted
- Maximum SPL (1% THD @ 1 kHz): 140dB (0 dB), 150dB (-10 dB)
- Power: 48V Phantom
- Output Impedance Nominal: 70 ohms
- Load: >1k ohms
- Output Connectors 3-pin Gold Plated Balanced XLR
- Level Attenuation (Pad): -10dB (switchable)
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 6dB/oct at 150Hz (switchable)
- Dimensions: 120 x 20mm (Length x Diameter)
- Weight: 0.09 kg (0.21 lbs.)