Behringer MDX2600 Composer Pro-XL Compressor/Limiter/Expander
Behringer Composer Pro-XL MDX2600 Product Overview by GAK
A dual channel compressor/limiter/expander from Behringer, the MDX26000 truly has it all.
The expander works to increase signal and presence, the compressor minimises peaks and the limiter levels out the dynamics, pulling up the lower signals and attenuating the peaks.
The unit uses Interactive Knee Adaptation, allowing you to switch between soft and hard knee compressors. You will also find built-in de-esser on the unit (switchable for male/female voices,) a side chain input and also the ability to add tube emulation to give your tracks warm, analog saturation.
Behringer Product Overview
The reference-class MDX2600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/ Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/ stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX2600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, Low-Contour filter and our revolutionary, switchable Tube simulation – for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry. Put simply, the MDX2600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments – providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
The secret behind the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600’s incredible sound is our Tube Modeling processor, which exudes the very essence of tube and compression. This amazing circuitry accurately emulates the performance characteristics of highly sought-after classic tube compressors, creating a sound that is so rich in harmonic content – you’ll wonder where we hid the tubes!
The MDX2600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and ¼ " Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX2600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features – the MDX2600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows – and an absolute “must-have” for your studio!
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Integrated de-esser with switchable male/female voice recognition removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable dynamic enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Switchable tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable low contour filter prevents pumping effect due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side chain input with side chain monitor function
- Ultra low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers and state-of-the-art VCA's
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated traffic light type threshold and de-esser level displays
- High-quality detented ALPS potentiometers and illuminated switches
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with 1/4 inch TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Relay-controlled hard bypass switch with auto bypass function in case of power failure