Behringer Crave Analog Synthesizer
Behringer Crave Analog Synthesizer
Analog Semi-Modular Synthesizer with 3340 VCO, Classic Ladder Filter, 32-Step Sequencer and 16-Voice Poly Chain
Crave The 1980s and ’90s spawned a new “wave” of synth users including Michael Jackson, Madonna, Dr. Dre, Radiohead, film-maker John Carpenter and a host of others, all empowered by sounds emanating from the legendary Prophet-5*. An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, such as a 32-step sequencer and arpeggiator, the CRAVE lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its pure analog signal path, authentic 3340 VCO with pulse and sawtooth wave outputs, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the CRAVE is sure to become your favorite keyboard. Owning the CRAVE is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
True to the Original Great care has been taken in engineering the CRAVE, including the true to the original analog circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the CRAVE its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1980s and ’90s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. The CRAVE lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
Authentic 3340 Oscillator CRAVE’s 3340 Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) provides your choice of pulse or reverse-sawtooth waveforms. When pulse is selected, the width can be varied using the Shape switch for narrow, square wave or wide pulse – with a tuning range of ± one full octave. The VCO can be modulated via the envelope or the low frequency oscillator (LFO). Performance is further enhanced by the Mix control, which balances the levels of the internal VCO and noise generator. This amazing flexibility gives you the tools to be your creative best.
Versatile VCF The very heart of CRAVE’s sound is its Classic Moog* 24 dB ladder filter, which lets you freely experiment with the Cutoff Frequency, Resonance and Modulation to dial in the perfect sound. CRAVE’s filter Mode switch can be set to either Lo- or Hi-pass for selecting the range of your choice.
- Analog synthesizer with legendary Prophet 5* VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Super-rich oscillator with pulse and sawtooth wave outputs for ultimate sounds
- Classic Moog* 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Modern and easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 onboard storage slots
- Advanced Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- 18 x 14 I/O matrix for incredibly vast and flexible patching options
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 47 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Power Input: DC input connector
- Power Switch: Push button on/off
- MIDI In/Thru: MIDI In and MIDI Thru, 5-pin DIN
- MIDI Channel Switch: Channel selection/ 16 channels
- USB (MIDI): USB 2.0, type B
- Outputs: VCA/line output: 3.5mm TS, unbalanced, max. +8 dBu
- Outputs Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Headphones: 3.5 mm TRS, max.10 [email protected] Ohms
- Headphones Output Impedance: 16 ohms
- Type: Class compliant USB 2.0, type B
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 or higher Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
The sound from this thing is huge. Lots of modulation options and the sequencer and arpeggiator are very intuitive. For the price it's hard to fault it, but it sounds like it cost a lot more.
Nice little Synth with plenty of routing options and a nice size to boot.