Behringer EuroLive B212D Active PA Speaker
Behringer Eurolive B212D Active PA Speaker Overview By GAK.
Behringer do it again; Active Speakers at incredibly affordable prices.
Behringer's renowned Class-D amp technology plus internal switch-mode power supplies, provides much better power to weight ratio against other speaker manufactures. This means you get the power you need without breaking your back trying to carry the speaker. The quality of sound on these B212D powered speakers is greater than the popular B121A and B215A EUROLIVE speakers.
The B212D precision design means they crank out 550/200 of the punchiest, cleanest audio Watts you're ever likely to have heard from a small loudspeaker system. The speaker features an integrated sound processor giving you total system control along with dependable protection of the low frequency and high frequency transducers as the speaker has a built in active HPF which almost virtually eliminates distortion - even when you're driving the speakers hard. This speaker also features a Mic/Line input with level control and dedicated 2-band eq (bass/treble) for ease of use.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Intelligent by Design - One of the coolest things about active loudspeakers is the lack of back-breaking racks of amps, crossovers and EQs that are often required to make passive speaker systems sound almost as good. But that comes with a trade-off - that extra weight is transferred to the loudspeaker, making it difficult for a single user to heave all that mass onto the top of a speaker stand.
- BEHRINGER's D Series' "Intelligent-Design" merges the best features of active loudspeakers with significantly lower weight by using switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology.
- Hidden deep inside each enclosure is the equivalent of an active 2-way electronic crossover, graphic EQ, parametric EQ, mic preamp, limiter and two Class-D power amplifiers, yet overall weight is less than comparable loudspeaker systems! These components work together seamlessly to provide optimum sound quality - and it all takes place automatically, without you having to touch a single knob.
- Class D Amplifier Technology Delivers High Power With Low Weight. - Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices. This is easy in theory and complex in practice, which is why there are so many different Class D designs. Without boring you with terms like PWM Generation and Gate Drivers, let's just say that to realize the benefits of a Class D design requires compensating for a lot of potential problems that can cause audible distortion. BEHRINGER didn't invent Class D technology, but our R&D Department has been working for years to perfect our own version with all the benefits of reduced weight and cool running, and none of the drawbacks. That's why we invested over a solid year of research time eliminating pitfalls like quantizing errors and excess dead time, selecting just the right switching frequency (and other equally tech-y terms). And why we spent an equally long time testing individual components to ensure they will stand up to the rigors of the real world.
- When combined with switching-mode power supplies that replace heavy toroid transformers, our new designs provide more dynamic punch since the higher switching frequency reloads the supply's capacitors much faster. And, because they are so much more efficient, the D Series runs cooler and doesn't require huge, heavy heat sinks. The resulting speakers systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up. Our no-compromise design means your D Series active loudspeakers will deliver full power and incredible fidelity all night long, with no need for rest cycles.
- Instant PA System - With just a single D Series loudspeaker system and a microphone or MP3 player, you can set up an instant sound system. Thanks to the built-in preamp section, you just connect a dynamic mic and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Plug in your sound source, place the speaker on a tabletop or stand, and power up. It's just that easy. And if you need more coverage, simply use the convenient LINK OUTPUT XLR connector to add more active loudspeakers.
- Stereo Music System - You can even use two D Series enclosures for stereo playback of your MP3, CD or old-skool cassette deck without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo "breakout" adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the 1/4" inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. VoilÃ , instant party!
- Marvelous Monitoring - Thanks to their trapezoidal design, these cabinets can be laid on their side providing the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4" cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR LINK OUTPUT jack on the rear panel.
- Custom-Designed Transducers - Let's face it; the transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so we don't cut any corners. While some of our competitors are content to buy off-the-shelf transducers and plug them into their boxes, we custom-design and build our transducers from scratch. Not only do we wind our own voice coils, we process the paper pulp into cones and even machine our ow
- TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we're including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful , yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything your've seen before, putting everything you'll need on your desktop, on a single-screen - without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACTION doesn't limit the number of tracks you can recored, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computers's processing power. Recording and editing couldn't be easier; simply drag, drop, cut, copy or past. Once your magnum opus is finished, share it with others "Tracktioneers" so they can listen, collaborate and edit.
- High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 12'' long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.35'' aluminum-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning:
- - Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket
- - Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany