Behringer EuroLive B612D Active PA Speaker
Behringer Eurolive Product Overview By GAK
The Behringer Eurolive B612D features revolutionary Class-D amplification technology and an internal switch mode power supply providing much better power to weight ratio than other competitive speakers. This means you get the power of authentic bi-amped active speakers without the muscle straining weight.
The sound quality is superior to the other popular EuroLive B215D AND B212D speakers plus there's been a significant transducer upgrade and more output power.
The high efficiency design means the B615D thumps out a whopping 1500 watts, packed into a compact loudspeaker. The built in sound processor give you total system control for reliable protection of the low frequency and high frequency transducers. And because of the HPF, you can drive them fully without hearing distortion. This speaker features ultra low noise mic/line input with level control and a 2 band EQ for ease of use.
- Intelligent by Design - One of the coolest things about active loudspeakers is the lack of back-breaking racks of amps, crossovers and EQs that are often required to make passive speaker systems sound almost as good. But that comes with a trade-off-that extra weight is transferred to the loudspeaker, making it difficult for a single user to heave all that mass onto the top of a speaker stand. BEHRINGER EUROLIVE D Series' "Intelligent-Design" merges the best features of active loudspeakers with significantly lower weight through the use of switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) and Class-D amplifier topology.
- Class-D Amplifier Technology Delivers High Power With Low Weight - Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class-AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only as it is needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices. Although we didn't invent Class-D technology, our R&D Department has spent years perfecting our own version with all the benefits of reduced weight and cool running-and none of the drawbacks.
- Massive Power to Size Ratio - At the heart of each B615D and B612D are two high-current amplifiers with a combined maximum output of 1500 Watts. These Class-D amps are capable of driving the speakers to their maximum without damage or distortion thanks to their internal active protection circuits. Put simply, these systems will astound you with their massive punch, smooth midrange and articulate top-end.
- Custom-Designed Transducers - Let's face it; the transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so we never cut any corners here. While some of our competitors are content to buy off-the-shelf transducers and plug them into their boxes, we custom-design and build ours from scratch. We wind the voice coils, process the paper pulp into cones-and even machine our own back plates. This enables us to control the quality, and frankly to make better components, like the long-excursion 12 and 15" LF transducers and state-of-the-art 1.75" titanium-diaphragm compression drivers we load into each and every B612D/B615D.
- Instant PA System - With just a single EUROLIVE D Series loudspeaker and a microphone you can set up an instant sound system. Thanks to the built-in preamp section, you just connect a dynamic mic and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Place the speaker on a tabletop or stand, and power up. It's just that easy. And if you need more coverage, say for a larger room or audience, you can add more active loudspeakers via the convenient Link Output XLR connector.
- Stereo Music System - You can even use two D Series enclosures for stereo playback of your music sound files without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo "breakout" adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the 1/4" inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. VoilÃ , instant party!
- Marvelous as Monitors - Thanks to their trapezoidal design, these cabinets can be laid on their side providing the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4" cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR Link Output jack on the rear panel.
- Powerful Low Frequency Response - The EUROLIVE D Series was built with extended low frequency handling in mind. Thanks to their internally braced, injection-molded, tuned-port enclosures, these bad boys really crank out serious quantities of bass. Keep in mind that bass response varies according to LF transducer size, so the larger the speaker, the more bass you will be able to generate.
- Articulate Midrange and Treble - Even if your particular application doesn't include booming bass, you'll love the sheer accuracy of these loudspeakers. Over a year went into designing an exponential horn/titanium-diaphragm compression driver combination that could handle serious hard rock or dance music-yet also satisfy audiophiles with its musical timbre and attention to detail. For spoken word, singing or acoustical instruments, the EUROLIVE D Series is un-matched for its ability to articulate complex harmonic content. In fact, many customers say these are the most natural-sounding speakers they've ever h
- High-power 1500-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 12'' long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.75'' titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning: - Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket - Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany